Asphalt to Sand III 300' Dome Valley, AZ.

SlowerThanYou

It’s been a long time not being on the sand April, 09. We wanted to run 300’ sand drags sooner than this, but oh well. When we 1st went sand hill shooting we had naysayer’s that our asphalt stuff would not work. We’ll that got squelched pretty quickly.

Then we had 300’ sand drag naysayer’s. That how do you know your set-up is fast without a timer? There was much more to the story than that. The main topic was our clutch set-up. Anyway, there were disagreements on how things should be set-up for 300’ drags.

The person issued a challenge of a 3 sec. pass within 3 runs and I wanted 3 times to the track. Well, I finally got around to his challenge. It was suppose to be at the PS DomeValley Race, but PS cancelled 2 days prior. The track decided to hold a 2 day race for us. We decided to go ahead & go.

1st run me riding (I weigh 210 lbs.)

1.339 60’

73.60 mph

Check out run

2nd Angel riding (his weight 180 lbs.)

1.314 60’

80.15 mph

3rd run me riding

74.35 mph

7mm Cub on race gas, stock frame, +14 arm, +1 forward on a-arms, front brakes, quad/rider 540 lbs.

22x11x8 12 paddle extremes, I have no choice!

We used 16/41 (2.56 ratio) on the hill, 1st gear launch (1-4 manual 5&6).

Right now I have it set-up for 17/42 (2.47 ratio) for a 300' baseline.

Clutch primary/base pressure is set between our asphalt set up and our hill set-up. Hill setting had too much base and I think the asphalt base would be too loose. Arm weights I'm keeping with the asphalt weight initially. Pretty sure I'll have to remove some weight.

Launch limiter set @ 10,000 & shift light @ 10,000 same as we use for 1/4 mile asphalt. Probably will have to lower the launch rpm some.

The only changes made during the event was tire pressure, wheelie bar height and rear sprocket. ;)

Edited by SlowerThanYou

It’s been a long time not being on the sand April, 09. We wanted to run 300’ sand drags sooner than this, but oh well. When we 1st went sand hill shooting we had naysayer’s that our asphalt stuff would not work. We’ll that got squelched pretty quickly.

Then we had 300’ sand drag naysayer’s. That how do you know your set-up is fast without a timer? There was much more to the story than that. The main topic was our clutch set-up. Anyway, there were disagreements on how things should be set-up for 300’ drags.

The person issued a challenge of a 3 sec. pass within 3 runs and I wanted 3 times to the track. Well, I finally got around to his challenge. It was suppose to be at the PS DomeValley Race, but PS cancelled 2 days prior. The track decided to hold a 2 day race for us. We decided to go ahead & go.

1st run me riding (I weigh 210 lbs.)

1.339 60’

73.60 mph

Check out run

2nd Angel riding (his weight 180 lbs.)

1.314 60’

80.15 mph

3rd run me riding

74.35 mph

7mm Cub on race gas, stock frame, +14 arm, +1 forward on a-arms, front brakes, quad/rider 540 lbs.

22x11x8 12 paddle extremes, I have no choice!

We used 16/41 (2.56 ratio) on the hill, 1st gear launch (1-4 manual 5&6).

Right now I have it set-up for 17/42 (2.47 ratio) for a 300' baseline.

Clutch primary/base pressure is set between our asphalt set up and our hill set-up. Hill setting had too much base and I think the asphalt base would be too loose. Arm weights I'm keeping with the asphalt weight initially. Pretty sure I'll have to remove some weight.

Launch limiter set @ 10,000 & shift light @ 10,000 same as we use for 1/4 mile asphalt. Probably will have to lower the launch rpm some.

The only changes made during the event was tire pressure, wheelie bar height and rear sprocket. ;)

Hell of a good job ! As usual. :cheers::notworthy:

1st 3 passes, right lane #781.

Great job. Very impressive for sure.

How many gears were you using ? 1-4 ? or ?

Care to share how many inches off the ground you were running the wheelie bar ? :notworthy:

I think I might venture out and hit the old local 300ft sand track this weekend my self.

I got a message yesterday that they would be open saturday for some test and tune.

I think i will go back and give it a whirl. should be fun.

Edited by duecebanshees

Great job. Very impressive for sure.

How many gears were you using ? 1-4 ? or ?

Care to share how many inches off the ground you were running the wheelie bar ? :notworthy:

I think I might venture out and hit the old local 300ft sand track this weekend my self.

I got a message yesterday that they would be open saturday for some test and tune.

I think i will go back and give it a whirl. should be fun.

1-4 and 4-5's

Finally some time slips after a race event. Great job.

Thanks! I don't share much of my slips for many reasons. I wanted to show a little bit of information on our performance capabilities. The sand set-up was a last minute hodge podge deal, that worked out good. We hope to improve on the ET drastically in 2012.

• 2 weeks later...

Calling the 2 Nay Sayer's, that said our asphalt & hill clutch set-up would not work for 300' sand. Proof is in the 60's and we will take care of the wheel spin down track next time out. Plus, the quad will not have a quickly thrown together hodge podge set-up next time.

The only reason we got them 60's was due to the clutch tuning. What do I know, our asphalt stuff only works on the asphalt according to the Nay Sayer's. :P

• 1 month later...

Calling the 2 Nay Sayer's, that said our asphalt & hill clutch set-up would not work for 300' sand. Proof is in the 60's and we will take care of the wheel spin down track next time out. Plus, the quad will not have a quickly thrown together hodge podge set-up next time.

The only reason we got them 60's was due to the clutch tuning. What do I know, our asphalt stuff only works on the asphalt according to the Nay Sayer's. :P

apparently I'm one of the "nay sayer's" and I have a "side kick" and I have no clue wtf you are talking about... Also.. who is my sidekick??...

apparently I'm one of the "nay sayer's" and I have a "side kick" and I have no clue wtf you are talking about... Also.. who is my sidekick??...

found it.. lol

http://bansheehq.com...pic=117576&st=0

some how I'm a "nay sayer" even though I never said anything about your setup not working.. what ever Bob... shoothead.gif

You were just looking for a way to get things stirred up then.. and your looking again now.

I wouldn't have even known about this thread if it wasn't for the PM i just now read from DEC 3rd! on another site!!! yelrotflmao.gif

and about your times.... I would have to say they didn't silence any of your "nay sayers" they look pretty typical for a 7mil cub on a bar.. nothing special. My first 3 passes off the trailer 3 hours after assembling the motor was 4.17, 4.11 and 4.13 with a 421 cub setup for dune racing. My 60's were all low 1.4's.. (stock chassis, full suspsension w/ front brakes and no bar. I weighed 230ish at that time) and I always ride my own bikes, No jockey's here. So thats with zero tuning on the chassis, jetting, engine setup or the clutch. but if your happy with your times thats all that matters! I hope you keep racing sand and continue to get faster.. after all.. that is the goal! beer.gif

I can't believe you actually worried about it that much.. I've learned alot over the last 3yrs. the biggest thing is not to worry about what other people think about other peoples setups..

and about your times.... I would have to say they didn't silence any of your "nay sayers" they look pretty typical for a 7mil cub on a bar.. nothing special. My first 3 passes off the trailer 3 hours after assembling the motor was 4.17, 4.11 and 4.13 with a 421 cub setup for dune racing. My 60's were all low 1.4's.. (stock chassis, full suspsension w/ front brakes and no bar. I weighed 230ish at that time) and I always ride my own bikes, No jockey's here. So thats with zero tuning on the chassis, jetting, engine setup or the clutch. but if your happy with your times thats all that matters! I hope you keep racing sand and continue to get faster.. after all.. that is the goal! beer.gif

I can't believe you actually worried about it that much.. I've learned alot over the last 3yrs. the biggest thing is not to worry about what other people think about other peoples setups..

There's a few things you have not figured out in 3 years. There's a big difference between low 1.4s & low 1.3s 60's. Also, low 1.3s is not typical for a 443 Cub on a bar & it's on race gas.

I'm not really worried about it. It took well over 2 years for my accident recovery. I came back & did what I said I could do.

Now, if you don't like it. Go suck on a tea bag. ;)

There's a few things you have not figured out in 3 years. There's a big difference between low 1.4s & low 1.3s 60's. Also, low 1.3s is not typical for a 443 Cub on a bar & it's on race gas.

I'm not really worried about it. It took well over 2 years for my accident recovery. I came back & did what I said I could do.

Now, if you don't like it. Go suck on a tea bag. ;)

I hope your rainbow is overflowing with sunshine.. beer.gif

Also.. I dont care for tea.... but thanks for asking.

you talk alot of shit.............can you just shutthefuckup, and quit acting like you're god...........so it works, good for you just chill out have fun and enjoy it like everybody else.