• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i built 2

K&T built 1

one engine was bought on line already built

dont know who did 1

i ALWAYS check trueness when i build them,i use alot of lube when building also....

i think its bad fuel being that they all get they fuel from the same place and how it all happened back to back

If it was fuel related, and I'm guessing you're thinking it wasn't mixing well with the oil and not getting enough lubrication, wouldn't the pistons also be nasty?

One would assume so. If the pistons are fine, I would rule the fuel out.

I'm wondering what the lube is for on the install? I've never lubed anything before when putting a motor together.

As far as improper install, how the fuck do you improperly install a crank?

ive had same problem to ive went threw 2 of them with in 1 seaon 4 mil supercub tz bearing straight cuts every thing new had went on about 4 rides and bearing

fell apart then broke the weld and slpilt the crank and it started grinding in to cases the motor was built by a good shop . so i took the bike toanother shop redline racing and he put new crank and bearing

toke the bike back to cameron to have it put on alky and a overide and i got a call that the bearing did the same thing crank walked again and toke out 1 pistion so new bearing and 2 pistons again and he fixed the crank no problems yet runs hard now beatting my buddys 7 mil cub not sure what the problem was but its not cheap to fix afterwards so i say fuck those bearings

im just posting what i find when i open these engine or what others around my area that build these engines find

i know i will not recommend a TZ bearing to anyone i build a engine for ... if its working for you good,but in these neck of the woods i'LL take ball bearings

2 was done buy me

3 was done by 3 different builders

1 was a engine bought off the net,already together

maybe we all did something wrong :blink:

have not been on in a while but have had some issues with tz bearing in the past.I have put at least 30 of these style bearings on motors with no fail.I think i cought something in the building process,I have had 6 or 7 instances where the locator clip around the cage was putting alot of pressure on the bearing,did it go in and tighten down yeh but i wasnt happy with it so i took two stock half moon clips and swapprd it out ,no pressure on cage no issues,all banshee cases are diffrent which is what i figured the issue is