My Yfz hybrid

That is a very clean bike. Nice work!!!! Look forward to hearing how it rides.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Took the 465 down to Wayne national forest. Runs like an animal. you can literally lug this thing around in 3rd,power is very tractable. I spent 4hrs on this thing and it passed all of its tests with flying colors..Even at slower trail speeds,the cylinder temps stayed withing the 200-220 range. Not as powerful as the 80 hp banshee I had,but It easily put my friends 686 rappy away. Not to mention the flickability the lightweight combination provides.

ok now the truth how many peeps have you told its a blaster motor??

also on the blaster there are these goofy rubber do dads on the fins that will help a TON with the aircooled rattle they have... might grab up a few sets and toss em on!

great build here.. i'd say this should be moved to the yfz conversion section..

ok now the truth how many peeps have you told its a blaster motor??

also on the blaster there are these goofy rubber do dads on the fins that will help a TON with the aircooled rattle they have... might grab up a few sets and toss em on!

great build here.. i'd say this should be moved to the yfz conversion section..

It already has 2 of those rubber isolaters on the cylinder.the vibes are not bad at all,they are only noticable in the lower gears at peak rpm.there is no mistaking this engine for a blaster,sight or sound.If you know bigbore 2strokes, the sound is unmistakable.

I spent 400 on the rolling chassis minus the subframe. I used a yfz mx racer friend to source most of what i needed to finish the chassis.In total i have about $2000 into this project minus the "sweat equity" I will probably NEVER buy another factory quad again.i had too much fun building this one and after 2 hard rides,it has shown to be reliable on the trail.It helped to have access to a full machine shop with welding capabilities.

Everyone kept saying it would vibrate itself to death.But i did enough research and attempted to counter every issue i would face with this build.I think the biggest problem people face with conversions is the rear engine mount.The rear mount MUST use the swingarm bolt. i see a lot of guys fabbing up a there own rear engine mounting brackets. this is where most of the vibration is harnessed. You might be able to get away with it on a banshee engine,but on a non counterbalanced single,it won't happen. it will eventually break the mounts.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...