My Yfz hybrid

i really dig this!!

screw putting it in a stupid blaster this is 100 times a better idear.. better suspension better ergos it stops it wont be stupid to see a 6ft dude ride it around. etc..

also screw restoring an old ass clunker of a MX bike yea they are cool maybe the really cool ones that actually did something important but naw some old ass retarded trails it hell naw this was a great thing to revitalize it!

i dug this build untill i saw the rear resivour.. now come on redo that bs man!! just above the ressy mount it there and make a small braket for it or wait till after the pipe is done and put it there above the ressy.

the best thing to happen to a yfz is a blown motor and the owner selling the roller for cheap. these will accept all kinds of motors. yz250's, these air cooled banshee's etc.

why revive 1980's technology? you are all riding 80's out of date non (ergo) to today's standard bikes..... cracks me up.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why revive 1980's technology? you are all riding 80's out of date non (ergo) to today's standard bikes..... cracks me up.

That is why I had to build this quad. The single 38PJ offers a plush throttle and the bigger clutch offers an effortless pull even with HD springs installed.

I like how the Yfz rides and handles the trail.The banshee felt HEAVY and rigid,but not this thing, it is going to fly..

How hard do ya think it will be not to wheelie when taking off. :rotflmao:

That is why I had to build this quad. The single 38PJ offers a plush throttle and the bigger clutch offers an effortless pull even with HD springs installed.

I like how the Yfz rides and handles the trail.The banshee felt HEAVY and rigid,but not this thing, it is going to fly..

How hard do ya think it will be not to wheelie when taking off. :rotflmao:

the response was to cam. i think what you did was awesome! i wouldn't pull the motor out of my 490 to put it anything because it's complete and everything works and i damn sure wouldn't put it in a blaster. my blaster comment was a joke to get a rise out of coupelx.

the response was to cam. i think what you did was awesome! i wouldn't pull the motor out of my 490 to put it anything because it's complete and everything works and i damn sure wouldn't put it in a blaster. my blaster comment was a joke to get a rise out of coupelx.

CS.

why ride a 1980's pile of shit hard to get parts dirt bike when you can buy an ultra modern couple years old mucho better DB for about 2500 bucks or less?? thats my point..

that old DB junk is just that JUNK>

the banshee IS outdated BUT has such a HUGE aftermarket following at this time i could build a COMPLETE aftermarket bike and do nearly anythign with it i wanted and NEVER touch a yamah parts store..

that support..

why ride a 1980's pile of shit hard to get parts dirt bike when you can buy an ultra modern couple years old mucho better DB for about 2500 bucks or less?? thats my point..

that old DB junk is just that JUNK>

the banshee IS outdated BUT has such a HUGE aftermarket following at this time i could build a COMPLETE aftermarket bike and do nearly anythign with it i wanted and NEVER touch a yamah parts store..

that support..

just because you ae too ignorant to do a quick search doesn't mean there is no aftermarket supply for them.... it is a motorcycle and in case you forgot.... ppl don't buy a lot of flashy aftermarket parts for bikes and at 55hp you don't really need many aftermarket engine parts now do you?

i am not defending my bike because it's the greatest ever, or could even be made the greatest. point is ppl buy and ride what they want. you chose to start out on a outdated machine and make it newer. i chose to buy a old bike and let it sit most of the time and go out for a joy ride from time to time. it's all opinion and yours isnt any better than mine.

just because you ae too ignorant to do a quick search doesn't mean there is no aftermarket supply for them.... it is a motorcycle and in case you forgot.... ppl don't buy a lot of flashy aftermarket parts for bikes and at 55hp you don't really need many aftermarket engine parts now do you?

i am not defending my bike because it's the greatest ever, or could even be made the greatest. point is ppl buy and ride what they want. you chose to start out on a outdated machine and make it newer. i chose to buy a old bike and let it sit most of the time and go out for a joy ride from time to time. it's all opinion and yours isnt any better than mine.

you cant explain it to people who don't care. post vintage mx bikes still have awhile before they become cool to own again.

• 3 weeks later...

I came across a 250R fatty pipe I had from a part out from long ago.i decided that i could not wait any longer to see if this beast will run.Since the 250r headpipe is separate from the expansion chamber,I decided to hack it up to suit my needs.After some tacking and welding,I mounted the pipe.

A few kicks is all it took to bring it to life.Its already dark here,so i did not get a chance to ride it but it has good throttle response and the BIG BORE RING!

Can't wait till tomorrow!Not sure how it will run with the 250r pipe,but it feels good to know its almost there.

f442kk.jpg

2lwnf2e.jpg

4i0ww6.jpg

2psku50.jpg

10394av.jpg

Well, i got a chance to shakedown the hybrid today and she has some gremlins in her.

First i started the jetting on the 38pj at 180 main and a ddj needle.it ran terribly,i switched over to CGL and it revved a little better but would not rev out.So i started dropping the main,first to 170 which showed great improvement,then to a 160 and the wheels began to come off the pavement,It still needs work on the main and maybe needle,but it is a lot closer than it was.

I adjusted the clutch to where It had good free play and used Honda HP red in the transmission, but for some reason,when I let out the clutch,it just stalls.I kept taking the slack out of the clutch and i was able to get it to disengage enough that it lurched and started to roll,not sure what the hell is going on with that.i could not adjust it enough to completely get rid of the lurch.i have a pancake bearing from a banshee .I am going to see what i can do about making it work.Im also going to put a stock shift star back in.I modded a stock one to combat a notchy shifter,but maybe i removed too much material?

This thing vibrates like nothing i have ever experienced .its not bad on the foot pegs or seat,but the bars are horrible...Im going to pull the clutch cover this weekend,check the plug and maybe try to get it dialed in better.Once i get the clutch issue resolved i will post a video of this beast.

Well,its done,the yfz465 is completed and runs like champ. its hard to believe the trx250r pipe worked so well..this is definitely comparable to my old cr500. Jetting ended up at 158 main and 55 pilot on the 38pj.

The vibrations dissipated a lot when i tightened down the swingarm bolt. This thing is an animal, heading to wellsville 2 morrow. Will post up some videos

2004cjm.jpg

50lhr7.jpg

2n8r4o2.jpg