500 outlaw wanna race

BansheeBoy96

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's not all about what you have done or who has a faster quad. alot of it has to do with wo has a better reaction time to take-off when it time to go. plus traction,and thottle control, and just a better racer. i see this alot people think just because they have a fully built bike think they can win against someone on a slower bike. practice your taking off once you have that done then i don't see you beating him a problem unless he also nows how to lauch his bike.

Edited by bansheesrtoys

Does any one ever whoop some ass in a race consisting of more than a straight line? Granted, my banshee runs away from most any 4 stroke in my area, but its more impressive to beat them on the track or in a race.

Plus, this is a hobby of mine. I won't race anyone unless its for fun. Some guys I've met get REAL upset and will NOT shut up about their 450 making an estimated 70 or 80 horsepower and that their exhaust and jet kit makes it twice as fast. I don't even bother with them. Cuz, if you DO race and beat them the rest of the night will be replaced with excuses and whining. lol

I had a Predator 500. Not an outlaw. Had work done to it. Raced my buddies old J-arm shee and in four drag races, I took 2 and he took 2 in sand. It will come down to who is a better rider. LIke Gottago fast said, you want to beat him in the trails or on a track. See who comes out of the corners harder. Think topend you should have it depending on gearing. And you just have people call you saying they want to race? Kinda weird.

Like everyone has already stated, it's relative to the rider and conditions.

There was a kid with a piped pred. 500 in my neighborhood when I was younger and had my first banshee. When I first got it the clutch was slipping and had 14/41 gearing with pipes and a proflo kit. Well I raced him and it was really close on pavement but top end I'd walk off a little. I put in a F.A.S.T. clutch and every other HD spring along with 15/40 gearing and the next time we raced it was not even close. I walked on him from first to third then ran off through the rest of the gears and was probably 10 mph or more faster once topped.

That shows you can make plenty of power but if your bike isn't set up or maintained properly you won't put that power down. The question you need to ask if you have money riding on such a thing is; do you have your jetting dialed in, your gearing set up for the conditions, good tires for the conditions, properly adjusted clutch capable of handling the power you're producing, and the skill to put it down.

If it were me I'd race him in a heart beat and take his money. lol