465 serval might try pods what kind of gain would it be

lms1977

I have a 465 serval with 35mm pwk shearer sb inframes 165lb comp run race fuel in it now need to put my other domes in. I always ran a airbox everyone is telling me to ditch it and get pods, what I want to know has anyone ever run a airbox with a 421 or bigger cub or something better than 70-80 hp then switched to pods what will I gain? I run no lid a k&n with a foam outer wear and it rips hard as hell. if it will only give me a tiny bit more top end I'm not sure I even want to play with it. but if it will run better all over then it would be worth trying.

I do run in mud water snow dirt dust coal and rocks but I'm sure I can fab a shield for wet days and I'll just have to be careful

Any help would be great thanks Mike

I can't tell you about performance gains but I can tell you I put pods on my bike and hated it. I did my best to avoid puddles but it wasn't enough. I would hit water then spend the next 5 minutes bogging till they dried out. I used them 2 trips and couldn't take it any more. Here's my attempt at a shield. (I don't have access to a welder) IMG_20110629_210757.jpg

Well LMS....... I would definitely say go ahead and try to fab somethin up like a shroud if you do swap to pods. But in my experience, I went from pods to the big ass K&N with a pro flow kit and never felt a difference. Jetted the exact same and dynoed the same. The key is to keep the filter and pre filter as clean as possible and there should be no problem. Facts go as is, Pods are super easy to contend with. The box......... NOT! Just keep the box around for disgusting rides.

Trickedcarbine

What was all done to yours what kind of power were you making? I always keep filters clean and always take a spare.!!!

The motor was almost identical to my signature motor. Just different head, still on race gas. Makes 80 on pods, and makes 80 with an open box with the pro flow kit. That filter in the pro flow kit is big as fuck! It didn't choke me down at all. Maybe...... just maybe it might hold your big 10 mil back a horse or two, but it's better then hitting a puddle and hydro- locking your motor. I speak from experience on that. Pods on a little open ice turned my old crank rods in to "Z" shaped scrap!