Bought bike with 2 into 1 exhaust

edgehanger

what is filled with this "insulation"

if it is the silencer, the muffler, the part at the back of the quad, that is suppose to be there.

No i mean the pipe itself is heavy and i can see in the end that connect to the silencer that it is filled with insulation like pink panther insulation.

I was thinking this is some 2 into 1 thing. Some fell out the front/header part of the pipe when i tilted it

When did you buy this bike? How long was it sitting if at all before you bought it. Does the bike run? need some details. Take that pipe off and see what is inside. The reason why i ask is because i have seen a bike that sat in a shop for a while and mice had a hay day with it, chewing up wires, Muffler Packing, etc. Curious if it was sitting for a long time that maybe mice did the same to yours.

Edited by dcalsv02

get some pictures

but sounds like a mouse made a nest in the expansion camber.

Bought it about a week ago. Don't know how long it sat but i can tell by the replies it shouldn't be there. trying to upload a pic now.

Bike does not run. Got 19cc domes in it. dont know why. About to tear into it in a sec. Guy told me he always had to push it off to start it.

how do i upload?

Bought it about a week ago. Don't know how long it sat but i can tell by the replies it shouldn't be there. trying to upload a pic now.

Bike does not run. Got 19cc domes in it. dont know why. About to tear into it in a sec. Guy told me he always had to push it off to start it.

how do i upload?

If you have to drag it to start it, its time for a top end. If you know nothing about it, you might as well just tear the entire motor down and check everything or have it checked. Sounds like you have a project on your hands. Get a clymers manual and become intimately famililar with this site's forums. Take a lot of pics. Keep us updated.

If you have to drag it to start it, its time for a top end. If you know nothing about it, you might as well just tear the entire motor down and check everything or have it checked. Sounds like you have a project on your hands. Get a clymers manual and become intimately famililar with this site's forums. Take a lot of pics. Keep us updated.

best way to upload a pic?

Do a compression and leak down test before you tear it apart. It will point to problems to address during build. Had to deal with a mouse house in just one pipe and it would barely run. For shits and giggles try starting it with no pipe on it, may surpise you. :cheers:

lol i took the dynoport off and threw on some fmf's. Leak test revealed stator side crank seal gone. guy siliconed the stator cover on and it didn't work. must've been sitting awile.

look like a opossum lived in the pipe with all that insulation. any ideas on how to remove it? The pipe is heavy like the S.O.B. still in there lol

lol i took the dynoport off and threw on some fmf's. Leak test revealed stator side crank seal gone. guy siliconed the stator cover on and it didn't work. must've been sitting awile.

look like a opossum lived in the pipe with all that insulation. any ideas on how to remove it? The pipe is heavy like the S.O.B. still in there lol

Best idea i can think of......coat hanger with a tight "U" bent into it......that will hook it hard and allow you to tear it out......may take a few pulls to get it all out. then disassemble your silencer.......cause your gonna need to repack it with new packing.

I had an old set of pipes in my barn for a while. Mice made a nest inside the expansion chambers. It was a nightmare to get the shit out. I used compressed air in one end and a coat hanger with a hook in the other. Just keep working at it and you can get it all out. Blow from the silencer end of the pipe and pull the shit out from the cylinder side with the bigger hole.