Idler gear problems

Mister T

Been having a issue with the washer and clip on the idler gear that lays behind the clutch pack

Twice now after taking the clutch cover off, I have found the clip and washer in the bottom of the side case

Anyone had similar problems and how did you overcome it ?

Do I risk damaging things when that comes off ?

Been having a issue with the washer and clip on the idler gear that lays behind the clutch pack

Twice now after taking the clutch cover off, I have found the clip and washer in the bottom of the side case

Anyone had similar problems and how did you overcome it ?

Do I risk damaging things when that comes off ?

When mine came off I had to replace the idler gear, clutch basket,drive gear on crank and the water pump gear. My clip went between the gears and damaged them all, it was making a clicking noise. If your gear is in good shape, I would get a steel bushing from FAST, along with all new washers and snap ring and put it together making sure the snap ring groove on the shaft is in good shape so it will stay on. If the shaft is bad you will either have to weld it on or split the cases and replace the shaft. The latter is the proper way to do it.