get water out of tire without unmounting ?

anyone have any secrets or tricks they would like to share?

got a set of holeshots on stock rims free off a friend, bead on the rim is a little bit beat up on one, they were sitting outside for a while, top one got a bit of water got inside it, enough to notice, would handle shitty , any trick to get it out?

or should i leave the water in for the added inertia ? kind of like a weighted fly wheel, no? id probably have to put water in the other one though, or it'd probably favor one side

Umm, just take the valve core out and let the water drain out.

ive never taken a valve stem apart, do i need a special tool?

with as much water as is in there i imagine itll be quite a cunt shaking it around tryin to get it all out, guess thtas my only option huh

ive never taken a valve stem apart, do i need a special tool?

with as much water as is in there i imagine itll be quite a cunt shaking it around tryin to get it all out, guess thtas my only option huh

Yeah, probably couple bucks from your local auto parts store, or heck, walmart probably even has them. You are looking for a valve core remover. If you can use a screwdriver, then you can do this. :rolleyes: You might still have trouble getting it all out without dismounting it or atleast breaking the bead, but who knows, maybe you get lucky.

Or after you remove the valve core, you could maybe set the tire so the water is all below it, and then take a slim straw or something, and a shop vac and some duck tape to fill the gap and stick the straw down in there to suck out all the water. LOL

A regular straw might be too big, maybe a coffee straw, or maybe you can find something. I just thought of this real quick, I figured I would throw it out there. :blink:

Brian

Edited by 90Bansheedude

and then take a slim straw or something, and a shop vac and some duck tape to fill the gap and stick the straw down in there to suck out all the water. LOL

no need for the LOL, that was a good idea, got all the water out., thanks

i cant believe ive been riding quads for ~7 years and never taken a valve stem apart :confused:

Edited by Michael Jackson