key opinions...

Banshee Chad

Ok guys, so I'm looking for opinions on the key switch. Bikes mostly stock, and I like it for now. Just bored and wanting to clean up?

I know how to remove, and about the hide a key under seat.. but if someone wanted it, they know the hide a key location all banshees have under seat. Easy to POP and jot wire.

So in reality, does keeping the key make sense? Should I try to hide it somewhere obscure and just remove at night when camping? I heavy duty cable me and my wires bikes together at night. And lock seats in truck (lot of seat thefts lately) thinking about drilling home in latch and putting lock on it, but again, just plastic and could rip off with force..

What's ur thoughts, and routines for securing while camping?

they way i see it if i was going to take your shit i deff wouldnt fire it up and ride away. i would bring my truck around and load it up into the back and drive off. its alot easyer to part out a stolen quad then it is to sell one anyway. Also like cam said you dont even need a key so who ever takes it can just hotwire it and BBrrraappP!

when campimg i take off the front tires and lay it on a bucket, and put a lock on the rear brake rotor. sure someone can still steal but not by them selfs,they would need help like 3 people.Plus it makes it hard as hell.And somtimes they think its broken and don't bother with it.never thought about the seat, now i will be takeing that to. :rotflmao:when going to the bathroom i take my tether plug and popp the spark-plug boots up high enough so they don't make contact but still look like there on. When someone is trying to steal something fast and it won't start they won't take to long to look it over for easy things like that.

Chain everything together. I do a 3 machines and make it so they cannot push them away becasue they are all facing a different direction. I also go through the frames that way they cannot unbolt a pumper and be free.

I use a couple Kryptonite chains and locks. 16mm hardened hex chain isnt going to be cut with anything other than powertools.

Not my pic but a good one that shows how massive it is.

32a.jpg

Edited by jbooker82

I always put a lock on the rear brake rotor and pull the seat off. With both wheels locked up it makes it difficult for people to simply push it anywhere. They'd need a few to carry it onto something or drag it somewhere. Also park it parallel and very close to your trailer. I always keep a rope near our trailer door. Wouldn't mind roping a thief around the neck and dragging his ass a few yards, in self defense of course.

Ive got a trailer that we usually load one in the truck, then 3 more on the trailer, and then the gates go up, and then the 2 trailer gates get locked with padlocks, the tailgate with internal lock, and the trailer gets padlocked to the truck hitch too. The sides of the trailer are about a foot and a half above the deck. They could be taken, but it would be some work, and probably not just 1 or 2 guys either. When Im really paranoid, Ive got one of them heavy cables that I run through them to make it even harder.

Now I suppose Ill loose my Truck too! banghead

I hate thieves! If I ever catch one in action, either him or I will be hurting really bad!

Brian