Acceptable operating temperatures?

My point is this. If your vehicle operates between 180-215 (what you see on the instrument display), if you shoot the top of the cylinder head with an IR thermal gun, the reading will be higher. Measuring temp at the top of the Banshee head, what would be acceptable. Maybe next time one of you is out riding and sees their water temp (by gauge) around 190-200 or wherever you prefer it, take a reading at the cylinder head. I am curious.

How do you figure they external head temp would be hotter than the liquid temp that is coming from the inside of the head? The water temp should be higher than the surface temp of the head.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Yea after i rode it i let it cool down and washed it. The radiator is pretty clean and the fins r pretty good. I only have a few bent down so i know the airflow is pretty good. So u think 200 is pretty good temp. Do the oversize radiators fit without having to do any modifications to the front nose plasyic. Thought about getting one just to be sure and keep the temp undercontrol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I just put one on my bike 2 days ago. Fits fine.

It won't be any cooler. But looks way better.

Where do you ride? What kind of load is on the motor? How fast do you move? If you climbing hills and weaving between trees going slow, if expect your engine temp to go up. But if your ripping down a straight fire road, you could expect some lower numbers.

Can you guys post your inline water temp gauges installed and where you got them from? i have a temp gun but i want an inline gauge. Also remember you need your bike to be moving to cool it off. There's no fan like modern 4 stroke sport atv's. If for some reason i need mine to idle for a while like for syncing carbs, i get a shop blower or two blowing at the front grill.

I run a trail tech TTO inline gauge...I run between 170-190 trailing with over sized rad and billet high flow impeller....200 if im abusing it in the woods with little air flow