Vforce 3 reed valve install questions.

Ok...I'm a newb!!! I'm ready to install carbs on my Shee. I bought the VForce 3 kit and there are no markings on either of the reed valves that are in the kit that denotes which is top or bottom. Does it matter? I don't believe there is a left or right ,so is there a top or bottom?

Also noticed that the VForce 3 kit doesn't have reed cages.Is this the way they are designed?I know that they use snap in reed petals and don't use screws to hold them in.

All feedback is welcome and appreciated :P

Thanks

Charlie

Ok...I'm a newb!!! I'm ready to install carbs on my Shee. I bought the VForce 3 kit and there are no markings on either of the reed valves that are in the kit that denotes which is top or bottom. Does it matter? I don't believe there is a left or right ,so is there a top or bottom?

Also noticed that the VForce 3 kit doesn't have reed cages.Is this the way they are designed?I know that they use snap in reed petals and don't use screws to hold them in.

All feedback is welcome and appreciated :P

Thanks

Charlie

I am a new banshee owner, but I make my living as a mechanic. I just tore down my banshee yesterday and it has the V-Force3 reeds, and I did not see any markings for the reeds. I believe it doesn't matter which way they go in. I agree with you about the design, I have always seen a stop for the reeds....but these have some time on them and they still look good.

V force reeds do not have reed stops. You have 2x as many reed petals opening up half as far. The reeds don't fully open. Since the only move half the distance there is less wear and tear on them. They also have faster response time.

No screws on the 3's. They just snap together. There should be an insert inside the reed cage though. It helps keep the reeds cage snapped together tight.

There is no top or bottom to the cages. Boyesen dual stage reeds dont use stops either.

I got 3 yrs on my vf3's and the pedals are starting to wear. now I gotta pay 120 for replacement pedals compared to 50.00 for replacement pedals on my chariots wich also have 3 yrs on them (still in good shape) Just because they dont move as far.. dont meant they dont wear as fast. What happens is the reed tips wear from slaping the cage. Just my opinion. but. I think there is better opitons for reed cages on stockish motors.

Thanks guys!! :) I have finished rebuilding,rejetting and removing TORS from my 02 Shee.I have noticed a def increase in low RPM snap!!!! problem is that I just noticed my inline fuel filter has a crack in it and it is sucking air in w/ the fuel.So I'm going to replace filter and continue making adjustments.Will update!!!

Again thanks for all feedback!!!

Charlie :)