Banshee reliability in cold temperature (canadian winter)

Hi guys! I am new here and was planning on buying a used banshee this summer. Unfortunately i did not find yet a banshee in good condition that was worth my 3000-3500$ investment. The price range is high right now because we are right in the middle of the atv season. So since the summer is almost over, i thought there would be some pretty good deals available in late august and september but was concerned about a banshee reliability in the canadian winter season.

This brings me to my question about banshee reliability in the winter. I live out here in Quebec, Canada at aprroximately 600ft above sea level and our winter are harsh, long and very cold. I was wondering if it was ok to ride a banshee in the winter out here without damaging it (the internals) or if i should wait for next summer to buy one. I know that the salts and chemical stuff in the streets damages the bike but i want your opinion purely base on the outside temperature. For example i could decide to jump on the banshee and go play hockey at the local rink and the temperature would be something inbetween -13 and 5 fahrenheit or if you prefer -25 degree celcius outside.

Does anybody out here ride at those temperature? Can it damage the internals of the bike? I think i read somewhere in the forums that the cold temperature -13F for example was reducing the effectiveness of the radiator to cool the engine down thus creating an overheating engine which could ultimately lead to blowing the engine off. Is there any truth to that affirmation? It sounds logical but i am no expert... ???

My question is: Can i ride a banshee in the Canadian winter season without being afraid to damage the bike because of the outside temperature? Would you recommend using a banshee in that kind of temperature range? I really take care of my stuff and know to let the engine warm up but i wanted to get opinions from members who ride in the same environment then I. Did you ever get problems to your bike because of the cold temperature??

If somebody could enlighten me on the subject it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot and much love to ya all !!!

Don't worry about the cold weather. I live in Quebec and ride daily all winter long. Never had any problems. Make sure you're jetted for winter and run full synthetic oil at 40:1 . I don't really ride when it drops past -20 because i can't feel my fingers anymore. Heated gloves are a good investment. You will also need some winter paddles if you plan on getting any traction whatsoever.

Just buy the machine and don't look back. Lespac.com and Kijiji are full of Banshees. Shop around and you will make a good deal.

Banshees fukin rule brother

Thanks a lot for the perfect and fast response from you all. I am glad that we can run a banshee in the winter... I'll wait until the summer seasons end to get myself a banshee at a cheaper price and i'll take care of it like a baby. By the way, i am riding i the Mauricie region in Quebec more specificaly near St-Tite in the countryside. If there is anyone who wants to ride just let me know and time to get the banshee.... duh!

Thanks a lot and have a nice day to ya all!!!

The winter here in Finland is also long and cold. Never had any issues. The coldest has been -26*C and that was too cold for my taste. My face turned to an ice-cube.

I have to say x2 for anything above.

My coolant can handle -40*C and I use that all the time. What I have noticed is that after -15 I need to richen up the main jets seriously. Only thing I can think of is, that I don´t use oil in my filters after the snow is here, or the ground has freezed. The oil in the filters acts weird and can "bock off" the air. This has happened for me a couple of times and I lost plugs. I use K&N clamp-on filters and I take them off after a hard riding and take them inside to let them dry. My Banshee sits outside during the winter.

Use good oil in your pre mix and in your gear box.

-Pasi S.

3000-3500 will get you a good banshee but alittle to high IMO... I bought mine for 2500 here in Ontario with t5 pipes, v-force reeds, k&n air filter, a fresh re-build and had the compression to prove it, welded crank... I put in a couple hundred bucks on a cool head, high flow impeller and a adjustable timing plate... So I had a complete bolt-on banshee for under $3000 and she rips pretty good.... Just saying they go for pretty cheap on kijiji