power band

hey guys, im new to the banshee and well honestly we adjusted the throttle cable on my carbs, and now it seems like when the power band kicks in, it seems to feel as if it is cutting out and getting to much gas, or seems to slip.... weird... any help would be appreciated... could it possibly be my carbs??

hey guys, im new to the banshee and well honestly we adjusted the throttle cable on my carbs, and now it seems like when the power band kicks in, it seems to feel as if it is cutting out and getting to much gas, or seems to slip.... weird... any help would be appreciated... could it possibly be my carbs??

well are the carbs jetted?? and the slide in the carbs might not being going all to the top mine did that and i had a simlair problem

Do you have a Clymers Repair Manual or have downloaded a manual? Have you performed a search? If you have read any threads on here you'll notice that information on your set-up is needed. What did you adjust on carbs? My guess is that your carbs are now out of sync.

Try to describe what exactly what it is doing. :cheers:

i don't have have manual yet, thats why im on here trying to find all about it... lol... looking for one at local shops, but dont seem to have any luck, i found one on ebay for 40 bucks....like i said, i had problems with the bike idling and we adjusted the idle and we prolly got the carbs out of sync, so no it seems like it wants to stall some right before the powerband kicks in... anyone know where i can find out on how to sync my carbs and check it out? i just found a clymer thats about 50 miles away from me...lol

i don't have have manual yet, thats why im on here trying to find all about it... lol... looking for one at local shops, but dont seem to have any luck, i found one on ebay for 40 bucks....like i said, i had problems with the bike idling and we adjusted the idle and we prolly got the carbs out of sync, so no it seems like it wants to stall some right before the powerband kicks in... anyone know where i can find out on how to sync my carbs and check it out? i just found a clymer thats about 50 miles away from me...lol

does this help its the original manual its like a clymer tells you everyhting you need to no about maintenance tuning and repair

http://www.mediafire.com/?oiz8lyqrw27rxlo

Edited by coryv4

You really need to do some readiing about the Banshee and 2-strokes in general. A service manual is your friend. Find someone local who is familair with the Banshee. If not get the book. Please don't take this the wrong way but......the is no such thing as a "Power band" in a bike or any 2-stroke. All that is happening when the bike seems to "kick in" is that the engine is coming on the pipe and the bike is in its power band or the area in which the engine is running at its optimum performance. I'm sure someone can explain it better than me. These 350 engines are great when they are running at their best. Get to know it and you will be a very happy camper.

You really need to do some readiing about the Banshee and 2-strokes in general. A service manual is your friend. Find someone local who is familair with the Banshee. If not get the book. Please don't take this the wrong way but......the is no such thing as a "Power band" in a bike or any 2-stroke. All that is happening when the bike seems to "kick in" is that the engine is coming on the pipe and the bike is in its power band or the area in which the engine is running at its optimum performance. I'm sure someone can explain it better than me. These 350 engines are great when they are running at their best. Get to know it and you will be a very happy camper.

Phazer, You say there is no power band, but you describe the motor ^^^^.....lol, while there is no physical "power band" the motor does have a point where the power hits and we are all aware of the feeling. KP, just do what these guys are saying and get a manual. Also, start scowering the forum for all the info you can to get up to speed a little.

Edited by dcalsv02

There is a quick fix for this, lossen your throttle cable back to where it was before you fucked with it.

thats what im doing today, just have to work all day, which sucks cause i will be up late tonight, i got the manual...had to drive 50 miles to get it though.... real big help

I like to see the dedication. Thats crazy you had to drive that far to get it. I refer to that clymers manuel as "The Banshee Bible". Between that book and this site, you are gonna be good.

How does the Clymer manual compare to the Yamaha manual.

I have an actual yamaha tech manual, and it isnt as thorough in explaining how to perform the steps as the clymer manual is. I may have a different one that you, i got this one while i was in yamaha at MMI.

hey guys.... man do i have a story, seems to turn out that , me being new to the banshee... i had my cousin which builds banshee's to race, take a look at my banshee..... in an hours time, he had it broke down.... and fixed... here is the story... first of all let me say that i had not touched this bike at all...only my carbs and idle..... anyways... the plug wires were crossed, jets were dirty, and the carbs needed to be adjusted. so pretty much the bike was just firing on ONE cylinder... so he checked it all out and now he told me that not to even think about what it rode like when i first got it, cause now... well he said that i would like it.... so just with a little work and a little knowledge from him my bike is in running order!!!! no my dumb ass will be reading EVERY singe thread i can find on here and i will have my nose crammed in the CLYMER!!!! all i can say is that im lucky that i didnt hurt the bike no more than it was... THANKS to all that led me in the direction and this site rocks!! now its time to learn.. thanks guys!!!