won't idle

Just did complete rebuild motors broke in Shee runs good starts up first or second spark plugs look good pulls good n every gear but won't sit and idle.....Im stumped what could be the problem??????

On the rebuild what did you do? Mods? etc... How's the pilot jet or the air screw? That's where I would start. Air screw should be turned out 1.5 to 2 turns out.

Just did complete rebuild motors broke in Shee runs good starts up first or second spark plugs look good pulls good n every gear but won't sit and idle.....Im stumped what could be the problem??????

Did you clean and setup your carbs? If you did a TORS elimination, did you get the iidle screws installed properly? Did you grind enough off the carbs so the screws go in far enough?

Running 2 into 1 trinity set up 35 Keinin carb added ported n polished cylinders so if the air not working go larger on the pilot??? It idles with the choke up???

well if your bike is running better when its choked....then what's happening is its running better when you manually starve it of air to richen the air/fuel mix.

my suggestion.... figure out what pilot is in the carb, figure out what needle is in the carb alone with where the clip is on the needle, and also figure out where the air screw is set at right now..... report back, then we can give ya a better idea of where to start with your jetting.... what mods are done to the bike? sounds to me either the pilot is plugged or way to small..... or you could have an air leak.....

• 2 weeks later...