Switching coil wires

I was searching the internet yesterday and came across this modification. Anyone heard of this? Did it work?

Electrical

Switch coil wires (A lot of Banshees come from the factory with the orange positive wire on the “-“ terminal of the coil, and the black ground wire on the “+” terminal of the coil, switching the wires would put orange on “+” and black on “-“):0-1 sizes larger on the mains, adjust airscrews

• 1 month later...

umm ignition orange wire ( +) goes to the pos wire and the negative goes to chassis ground or the black wire.

pretty sure,.,. dont have my manual infront of me. not sure why hooked up right it would need a jetting change??

is that MOD number 4? or number 5?

lol, yes, i have heard of it. it's not a mod. i have not had one with it that way, but i have heard of it that way, and many have put the negative back on (-) and positive back in it's place, but really, when you look at how the banshee coil works(same coils as almost all twins of the period) you will see that it is one low voltage coil going across two smaller coils creating high voltage, which join at the chassis ground, but not at (-) or it would not run. so all you are doing is giong from making the spark circuit travel right plug->grond->left plug, to left plug->ground->right plug.... really no difference, imo, though there may be some improvement if your coil insulation is deteriorating and loosing spark to ground through the plasic/epoxy.... but then, you know you have a deteriorated coil, and should replace it anywhoo

i bet the same guy that does the "coil mod" puts on the custom HUGE boost bottle.. and the "turbo fans!

Hey, don't talk shit when you don't know. Those turbo fans are the best mod I've done. That's what I used to beat Tim's bike.....I just never told him! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: