Swing arm help +8 does not seem to be enough!

sandstalker

I have a +8 swingarm on the bike now and the bike wants to stand up at the top of 2nd gear and 3rd gear on the launch and will stand up hard if im not laying on the tank. I have a few things to do to lower the front down with some shocks and shorter front tires but i still don't think it will be enough.

Setup is a 4 mill cub motor on alcohol with 10 paddle extremes with stock shocks up front and adjuastable solid afco strut in the back. The bike is not a feather weight and has probably another 30 to 40 lbs i can shave off but that will make it worse. Do i need a longer swingarm +10 or +12 or is it in the suspension?

you'd be surprised how much lowering the front will help. i would still go to a +10-12 if i were you, but if you get that +8 setup a little bit better, it will make a huge difference. try a 13" shock up front, assuming you have stock geo front end, and try to get your swing arm as parallel to the ground as possible. if you swinger is pointing up, it will have a tendency to lift the front up and if it is pointing down, it will have the tendency to push the front end down, which you don't want either.

Yep slam her to the ground like 2 or 3 inches of clearence if possible..or get a wheelie bar...u should b good with.those ten paddles i think if u go longer like 10/12 youll need more tire

Here is my plan! Front shocks,smaller front tires,plus 3 inches forward facing A arms and plus 10 swingarm on 12 paddle extremes.

With the front so high up in the air i noticed what some of you are saying about the angle of the swing arm by looking at some photos of the bike and i realize that i can't get all the adjustments on the rear without lowering the front. Forward facing A arms with a plus 10 swing arm will give me five inches of streetch on the bike overall and the A arms should help put the motor more center and put more weight towards the rear tires.

Do you just drag race or dune it also? If you dune it then you probably should pass on the wheelie bar and +10 or more swingarm and lowering the front end.

Edited by dcalsv02

Here is my plan! Front shocks,smaller front tires,plus 3 inches forward facing A arms and plus 10 swingarm on 12 paddle extremes.

With the front so high up in the air i noticed what some of you are saying about the angle of the swing arm by looking at some photos of the bike and i realize that i can't get all the adjustments on the rear without lowering the front. Forward facing A arms with a plus 10 swing arm will give me five inches of streetch on the bike overall and the A arms should help put the motor more center and put more weight towards the rear tires.

This is the exact set up I run.421 cub on alky,+3 forward and +10 no link on the swing arm and 22",12 paddles.It will still stand up every now and then,but its controlable.

10-12 seems to work ok if you know how to ride and arent scared of wheelies

14 is a nice length also takes a lil more paddle but you shouldnt have to fight it much. frame geo is really important also why struted ? are you strictly track bike?

10-12 seems to work ok if you know how to ride and arent scared of wheelies

14 is a nice length also takes a lil more paddle but you shouldnt have to fight it much. frame geo is really important also why struted ? are you strictly track bike?

I don't mind wheelies but i don't want them while im racing. The last time i was at the sandbars i was giving up atleast 2 bike length to a group of stroker YFZs and was having to play catch up and pass them on the top side. My last pass i was able to keep the bike down more and it made a huge difference and i was able to see alot of the bikes potential.

We don't have dunes where i live so most sand riding is either cruising around or drag racing,i prefer drag racing. The only dunes i might see is little sahara in oklahoma a few times a year.