carb size and jetting help

Hi everyone, Ive got a stock crank, .60 over cylinders that are not ported other than by someone who is not an engine builder so they didnt take much out, thinking about v force reeds and a set of ???? please post your suggestions on carb size and jetting and needles, everyrthing needed to run at sealevel elevation, Im here in Michigan.

Hi everyone, Ive got a stock crank, .60 over cylinders that are not ported other than by someone who is not an engine builder so they didnt take much out, thinking about v force reeds and a set of ???? please post your suggestions on carb size and jetting and needles, everyrthing needed to run at sealevel elevation, Im here in Michigan.

The first question is do you have aftermarket pipes. They are the one mod that is going to give you the most hp with a stock motor. With a two stroke it is the combination of all the mods that make power. Adding a set of carbs with out adding compression, reeds, timing advance, and or porting, will just cause the motor to bog off idle. Porting the motor and using the wrong pipes will restrict the power also. My sugestion would be:

1 pipes

2 Reeds

3 Ditch the stock air box and get pods

4 Get a cool head

5 Advance the timing

6 Carbs, but without porting, nothing bigger than the pwk 28mm

This should give you something to ponder.

Ive got t-5 pipes and silencers,, coolhead with 22 cc domes, and v-force 3 reeds, +4 timing plate just bought 28 pwks. but do they come right from keihin already for the banshee with the correct needles, mains and circuits? I havnt tore into them yet too find out what they put in them. I will post later so then maybe someone can help lead me in right jetting and needle direction. Also are these domes gonna work well with what i have or should i get a different set?

Edited by 421alkybanshee

Ive got t-5 pipes and silencers,, coolhead with 22 cc domes, and v-force 3 reeds, +4 timing plate just bought 28 pwks. but do they come right from keihin already for the banshee with the correct needles, mains and circuits? I havnt tore into them yet too find out what they put in them. I will post later so then maybe someone can help lead me in right jetting and needle direction. Also are these domes gonna work well with what i have or should i get a different set?

Depends on where you got the carbs. Some vendors set them up for your specific application. I got mine from forum sponsor PJMotorsports. They specialize in Carbs, and put in Jets that should be a close match for my setup. Im not sure what the standard size jets that come withe the PWKs. 22cc domes are good for pump gas setups is what my research here came up with, Im doing a lot of the same mods you are. heck out some of my posts here, as Ive asked a lot of the questions you have already, and got some very helpful answers.

Some more info for you:

It looks like the PWK 28s come with 135 main, 38 idle. You will more than likely need something around 150-155 range with around a 48 idle, based on your mods. It also depend on your altitude.

Check this out:

http://www.pjmotorsports.com/keihin-pwk-carburetors.html

Hope this helps.

thanks for the help, i tore into the carbs and they have 140 mains with 42 pilots with LGN needles. My mods are: stock crank, 60 over forged wiseco pistons,v force 3 reeds, +4 timing, T-5 pipes and silencers and at 0 elevation. I purchased the carbs from parts unlimited just because im a dealer through my work.

If it helps, Im at sea level too, 30 PWK carbs ( pretty close) and T5s, Im at 150 mains, 45 pilots, and one turn out on the air screw with a K+N filter