Installed the T5s, TORs delete is a PITA

I got the T5s installed and re jetted the Stock Carbs per the Toomey Kit. When I did the TORS delete Kit, the tap in one of the carbs didn't cooperate, so some of the threads are kinda iff-ey. I was slow and careful and took my time as well. I got the bike idling OK, but the idle screws are turned all the way in (I think they are not working right

; maybe I needed to take off more material on the hole maybe). I ended up getting the idle to come up using the plunger adjustments on top of the carbs. I think Im going to just say to hell with it, and order a set of Keihin 28 mm PWKs. I think I will be more happy with the Keihin carbs, as they seem to be a better setup than the modified stock Mikunis? At least I dont have to worry about drilling and tapping them, and they will give me a little room to grow when I do my next round of mods. Can anyone tell me if they bolt up to the factory Rubber manifolds?

as per the instructions you need to grind down the side of the carb where you drilled and tapped it needs to be shorter there for the idle screws to work corectly. dont EVER use the cable to set your idle you will get into problems

Thanks Larry... actually I had read and printed that up. I also have been following other Tors delete threads here. Based on my research, I probably didn't cut away enough of the material that you need to grind away. Since I have both screws turned in all the way, and I had to resort to adjusting the throttle cables upward quite a bit to get it to idle OK. Like I said in my post, some of the threads that I tapped on the right side carb are F-ed up a bit, and to be honest, I would just like to start out with some fresh Keihins that I don't have to play with (other than installing and jetting).

as per the instructions you need to grind down the side of the carb where you drilled and tapped it needs to be shorter there for the idle screws to work corectly. dont EVER use the cable to set your idle you will get into problems

On my stock carbs I've ALWAYS set the idle with the cable. I even ran a set with the TORS delete and didn't have the idle screws installed. I never ran into any issues.

None of the drag bikes idle, so I don't worry about those anyway.

You could repair the thread with jb weld and redrill it. Jb weld is cheaper than new carbs.

On my stock carbs I've ALWAYS set the idle with the cable. I even ran a set with the TORS delete and didn't have the idle screws installed. I never ran into any issues.

None of the drag bikes idle, so I don't worry about those anyway.

Thanks for the input, but its only money. I don't feel like F-ing with them.

Tim

Let me recap... You were unqualified to do the tors delete and thread with a tap and fucked it up, and the decided that rather than fix it cheap you would rather brag about how much money you have and tell us your just gonna buy new carbs cause your so incompetent you couldn't pull it off with the stock ones?

"But its only money" weird, if money could only buy brains! FYI..... Nobody gives a shit, there is nothing about this that is helpful to anyone, and there are tens of thousands of people who have done a tors delete and tap with no issues! Maybe you should spend your money on something other than new carbs!

Let me recap... You were unqualified to do the tors delete and thread with a tap and fucked it up, and the decided that rather than fix it cheap you would rather brag about how much money you have and tell us your just gonna buy new carbs cause your so incompetent you couldn't pull it off with the stock ones?

"But its only money" weird, if money could only buy brains! FYI..... Nobody gives a shit, there is nothing about this that is helpful to anyone, and there are tens of thousands of people who have done a tors delete and tap with no issues! Maybe you should spend your money on something other than new carbs!

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement. It's good to know that I can count on people like you for useful advise when working on my bike. My version of a recap is this:

1. The threads on the tap job are holding ok, Yes some of them didn't come out perfect like the other carb did, and I'm basically bailing on this setup for my own piece of mind. Stating I'm unqualified is kinda silly since you know nothing of my background. I guess qualified mechanics never make mistakes?

2. Saying it's only money is not bragging about how much money I have, it's a true statement. I work hard, and make sacrifices to make my living, and since I do so I can afford to just order the new pwks since I am not happy with the tors delete factory carb setup. I have very limited access to good tools and shops that can offer any kind of assistance (I'm in Saudi Arabia) so it's much easier to just bolt on the new parts. I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist, so this is the route I'm going.

3. I'm very happy for the people that have done tors deletes with great success, but I also followed a few threads of people that had the same issues I've had. I also like the fact that the PWKs will also be a nice compliment to my next round of upgrades, which will be bigger ported jugs (I'm aware that the factory carbs would also suffice in this case)

Thanks again and I really appreciate the personal attacks as well.

"But its only money" weird, if money could only buy brains! FYI..... Nobody gives a shit, there is nothing about this that is helpful to anyone, and there are tens of thousands of people who have done a tors delete

and tap with no issues! Maybe you should spend your money on something other than new carbs!

WTF ??? You want this guy to run stock carbs BAAAADDD , huh ?

chill out dude! he just wasn't happy with the way they turned out, so he's getting new carbs. thats a good up grade any way.

Someone had one to many shots before he got on the computer! I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and blame this post on the tequilla! This guy ain't braggin about his money bro, he's just simply saying that he would rather go ahead buy new carbs than deal with an issue that he wasn't completely satisfied with.

I've done the TORS delete and had no issues, but this fella wasn't as fortunate and would rather move on to better manufactured carbs. No big deal, who cares

Edited by FullThrottle_06'

^^^^^^ this guy is just a tool he never has anything good to say about anything other than his own posts so let it go in 1 ear and out the other