"Big Mac" King of all reed spacers terminated pt 2

Same here, only reason i put the 3/8 spacers on was to clear the clutch actuator arm with my DAJ fuel line at the bottom of the nut.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c164/savage_420/Carbs002.jpg

the reed spacer is supposed to go between the carb and cage.. otherwise it affects your case volume.

Then wouldnt it be a carb spacer? You would also have a small carb boot opening dumping in to a large square opening, then going back in to a smaller opening of the reed cage. That would cause a lot of turbulance and have a negative affect on flow. I would leave them like that my self.

Edited by jbooker82

Then wouldnt it be a carb spacer? You would also have a small carb boot opening dumping in to a large square opening, then going back in to a smaller opening of the reed cage. That would cause a lot of turbulance and have a negative affect on flow. I would leave them like that my self.

Either way your fucked with a spacer.. By increasing case volume your slowing down the internal velocites of the fuel charge. Which will also give you a negative affect on flow. . Pic your poison. I'd just throw them out and bend the actuator arm down a bit. The only thing they're good for anyways is clearing the arm..

Either way your fucked with a spacer.. By increasing case volume your slowing down the internal velocites of the fuel charge. Which will also give you a negative affect on flow. . Pic your poison. I'd just throw them out and bend the actuator arm down a bit. The only thing they're good for anyways is clearing the arm..

I have traid that but i have tm34 flat slides on it an idk if u have every seen them but for some reason the bowl is giant and it still hits the arm but i know what your saying.I like them because i can make the spacers and people buy them ha

good, better, best, intake is a properly angled one that fits like it should.. no spacers..

tm's are really tall carbs/. if you can make the reed spacer you should be able to make your own alluminum intake.

Edited by camatv