j arms vs a arms

i have a 1989 j arm banshee that here soon i am going to be redoing on the looks side of it, i am getting some fullbore plastics but i was wondering should i buy a a arm frame or buy some extended j arms? any opinions on what i should go with and any pics of what you run would be appreciated

Virtually no difference between A-arm and J-arm frame. Extended arms are about same price. J frame is a little lighter. Some say bushings on J's wear quicker. I think that with equal wear a J-arm will move more because pivots are closer together. Only advantge of a-arm is you can use stock heel guards (gay) if mounts haven't been cut off. :cheers:

ok time to put this to rest who on here has actually had a j-arm frame fail, break, bend or wear out so called prematurely?? rember alljframes are at least 22 years old. so yea there is probably going to be a lil slop in the front end.

in my actual real world experience i dont see a issue with j-arm bikes at all. i presonally like the j-arm look and lightened drag/ dunner chassis i feel look bad ass on a j-frame..

if anyone close to wichita kansas has a j-arm frame i am looking for another one for a build up. i have an a-arm frame i can trade in on?

its kinda up to you then. if you r going to strip the entier bike for a full rebuild and the j-frame has problems in other spots might be good to look for a newer a-arm chassis..

all up to you and what your shooting for..

ok time to put this to rest who on here has actually had a j-arm frame fail, break, bend or wear out so called prematurely?? rember alljframes are at least 22 years old. so yea there is probably going to be a lil slop in the front end.

in my actual real world experience i dont see a issue with j-arm bikes at all. i presonally like the j-arm look and lightened drag/ dunner chassis i feel look bad ass on a j-frame..

if anyone close to wichita kansas has a j-arm frame i am looking for another one for a build up. i have an a-arm frame i can trade in on?

I totally agree. If anything, I prefer J-arms. It's less sprung weight (which = better suspension action) and the frame as a whole is lighter.

I bought extended J's and like them much more then A-arms. I love when people check out my banshee and are so fascinated with the arms :P