What is with the Serval Cat?

I rebuilt my motor about a year ago and I dont remember any mention about Serval Cats then....Obviously is a monoblock cylinder but what really makes em tick? What is the advantage over porting stock cylinders, which I did? Post away!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And have a mean looking block head? :P

I already read that thread...some good info in there but not what I was looking for. Why was it developed? What are the gains vs stock, and more importantly, the gains vs stock ported?

And have a mean looking block head? :P

I already read that thread...some good info in there but not what I was looking for. Why was it developed? What are the gains vs stock, and more importantly, the gains vs stock ported?

everything you just mentioned can be found in the search including a link with dyno numbers just by searching "serval".

it does seem to have some growing pains though.

everything you just mentioned can be found in the search including a link with dyno numbers just by searching "serval".

REALLY? Well here's what I got when I typed in serval in a search............

General Banshee Discussions > General Banshee Discussion > What is with the Serval Cat? #1238771 dirtydownunder

HQ Soldier

Group:

HQ Premium Member Posts:

1,283 Joined:

27-March 08 Posted Today, 11:13 PM

haha stop being modest, matt and my self wouldnt of known anything about these things if it wasnt for your plethora of serval knowledge.

General Banshee Discussions > General Banshee Discussion > What is with the Serval Cat? #1238431 Coupelx

HQ Soldier

Group:

HQ Premium Member Posts:

978 Joined:

10-April 07 Posted Yesterday, 07:44 PM

Profilact, on 16 May 2011 - 06:46 PM, said:

And have a mean looking block head?

2001 Banshee White/Black

1983 YZ490

1981 XS650

Save a Banshee, Scrap a Pro Circuit.

www.wilsey-zone.com

General Banshee Discussions > General Banshee Discussion > What is with the Serval Cat? #1238399 Profilact

HQ Lieutenant

Group:

Members Posts:

155 Joined:

20-April 08 Posted Yesterday, 05:58 PM

I rebuilt my motor about a year ago and I dont remember any mention about Serval Cats then....Obviously is a monoblock cylinder but what really makes em tick? What is the advantage over porting stock cylinders, which I did? Post away!

YEAH......... it gave me 3 matches......all from this post. banghead

Why do people say "Do a search"....this search feature sucks!

simply put the serval is NOT a drag motor its NOT going to make your bike a bolt on drag bike like a cub..

i try to sell that motor to the people that i deal with that want a good DUNE motor OR a strong TRAIL motor and want big bore and their stock cylinders are trashed.. with out the proper pipes and set up its going to be a turd but really what would you EXPECT out of a low port timing motor like that? it has its place in the atv world.. unlike the 421 not just anyone is going to be able to slap one together and make 90+hp. these are for a certain crowd. when my 421 ss motor has issues with the cylinder these are what will go on it. its NOT a drag bike. its NOT extended.. its a RIDER!!..

i mean with proper set up it makes 75-80hp on pump gas and decent TQ thats a FUN motor to RIDE>