what kind of pipes do you use?

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took off a set of fmf fattys and went to the r2 pipes what a difference!!!!!

4mil agressive dune port by Jeff at fast , 35mm carbs with pod filters, cool head with custom domes by Jeff at fast, 5 deg timing, intake with built in cross over.

11 years old FMF Gold series Fatty Pipes, Power Core II silencers still looking good and performing great! when the day comes they crap out on me i will go with CPI then i will see the difference

on there now? pro-circuit platinums with plder fmf silencers..... why? because pcp's are the best mid-range pipe out there that yeild a lot of grunt, awesome mid, yet can still rev if you need to pull the gear a little higher. the stingers just work good.... well, they are kind of fallin apart now, so i'm swithching back to 304 silencers..... also have old school gold series top-end pipes, which didn't shine until i mated them with toomey stingers. i believe fmf silencers are their only downfall, to otherwise ok pipe. they all seem a little "large bore" compared to the pipes they mate them too. the pcp's are also a higher flow pipe, so the mate is decent. for what you have planed, the 916's will do you good, and a nice price to boot, if they are in decent shape, and not missing the stinggers...... also, some t-5'sw, and lrds in the arsenol, but yet to do a full run-down on both...

im runnin borrink R-2's.... they are awesome. the guys that use them swear by them, and i am no different. they are a little weak just off idle.... but then the power comes... and it doesnt stop... period. i also say the bottom end is weak and by that i mean decently strong but weak compared to the monster mid and top end pull these have. definitely rideable all around. they also look really fucking cool... unlike ANY other pipe with the exception of the predecessor. everyone will see them and ask what they are...

IMG00238-20110226-2316.jpg

172.jpg

im new bansheehq and well banshees in general i had a 400ex and kx125 for awhile and it wasnt enough i now own a 1989 banshee that i plan on redoing and was wondering what kind of pipes do you guys use on your shee and why do you run those pipes?

If you aren interested in a set of shearer's pm me. My step dad has a set sitting on his shelf that are barely used and are show room chrome from cascade innovations. They are small bore(i believe) in frames. He switched to pt's and has just been letting the shearer's collect dust.

I run SHEARERS on my bike, because I was running CPI's and when we dyno'd it the number seemed low,(it's a 472 Cheetah) so we put a set of SHERERS on it and gained 14HP. :headbang:

Funny thing is, for all that have said the CPI's have a better low and mid compared to the SHEARERS....my readings on the front of the dyno curve were as good as the CPI's or better. On mine the "Hit on the high end" that people describe was just where the CPI's fell off. :shrugani:

But for the motor your describing, I'd go with FMF FATTY'S. I've got them on our 370 long rod - 63HP bike and they run great.

Edited by WINDYCITYJOHN400

im runnin borrink R-2's.... they are awesome. the guys that use them swear by them, and i am no different. they are a little weak just off idle.... but then the power comes... and it doesnt stop... period. i also say the bottom end is weak and by that i mean decently strong but weak compared to the monster mid and top end pull these have. definitely rideable all around. they also look really fucking cool... unlike ANY other pipe with the exception of the predecessor. everyone will see them and ask what they are...

one thing i noticed with my r2's is they do not like fuel off the pipe. i leaned mine out alot in the lowend and they came on sooner and cleaner.

one thing i noticed with my r2's is they do not like fuel off the pipe. i leaned mine out alot in the lowend and they came on sooner and cleaner.

im with you on that one man. i finally got my JJH needles to replace the LGN's and it cleaned it up ALOT. im pretty sure were at the same altitude with 28pwks right?

im with you on that one man. i finally got my JJH needles to replace the LGN's and it cleaned it up ALOT. im pretty sure were at the same altitude with 28pwks right?

yep! now i noticed i can easily drop a main size or 2.