need step by step info and pics on installing yfz a arms on a banshee

i just bought a set of yfz 450 a arms that i want to install on my banshee but i know that there are mods that need to be done to the lower a arms and i need help

please if someone has pictures and info of the step by step installation please tell me.

1996 banshee 4 mill,ported,milled head,CPI inframes,v force, extended swingarm and more. soon yfz 450 a arms!

yes but i couldnt find them....when i searched it wouldnt let me

there are several good threads with pics.

I did mine because i needed a budget way to replace the worn out stock stuff. It rides better but the steering geometry is off and it sets low in the front even with yfz shocks.

The biggest problem is the stress it put on the lower ball joints. it jams them to the extreme of its movement and tears them up. i had one come apart last weekend. scary stuff.

there are several good threads with pics.

I did mine because i needed a budget way to replace the worn out stock stuff. It rides better but the steering geometry is off and it sets low in the front even with yfz shocks.

The biggest problem is the stress it put on the lower ball joints. it jams them to the extreme of its movement and tears them up. i had one come apart last weekend. scary stuff.

do you think it put stress on the ball joints because it sits to low??

Use the YFZ spindles and they will work OK. The angles are better on the ball joints. I used YFZ hubs as well.

You will also need +2 Banshee tie rods. Stock YFZ rods are too short. They will reach but not enough threads for me.

I didn't like them and took them off because they were too wide. A real hassle in the trailer or back of the PU.

Look >HERE< or >HERE<

do you think it put stress on the ball joints because it sits to low??

I think its because the bottom a arm mounts on the frame are way too wide in comparison to the top mount. Look at a YFZ and you will see what i mean.

I think its because the bottom a arm mounts on the frame are way too wide in comparison to the top mount. Look at a YFZ and you will see what i mean.

yeah i saw wat u mean but atleast the guy sold me the whole front end so ill use the yfz spindles. but does the brake caliper from the banshee fit on the yfz spindle?

step 1...........................sell the yfz arms............step 2...................buy aftermarket arms............I did the conversion and hated it the stearing was all messed up I wish i would have saved the money and did it right the first time, not the second time.

step 1...........................sell the yfz arms............step 2...................buy aftermarket arms............I did the conversion and hated it the stearing was all messed up I wish i would have saved the money and did it right the first time, not the second time.

why was the steering all messed up??