Type F transmission oil?

There are lots of guys that run it the biggest issue is that you need to change it after every weekend if you run it. More of a pain in the ass then it is worth if you ask me.

There are lots of guys that run it the biggest issue is that you need to change it after every weekend if you run it. More of a pain in the ass then it is worth if you ask me.

so what would be a good trans oil to run then if you want it to last longer? i was told to replace trans. oil after 10 hours of ride time, no matter what oil it is.

I run honda's performance gear oil. I tried ATF one year and got about a weekend of good riding on a new clutch and the ATF and it threw in the towel. Clutch was trashed by the end of the weekend and the oil stunk. Still use my FAST clutches, but have switched back to honda oil. A proper gear oil may be more expensive to change than ATF, but you'll only be changing it once a year instead of every other ride like ATF.

Guys are running Type F and then they have to put a pancake bearing in it to prevent the clutch ball from welding to the pushrod. I have run Klotz Flex Drive 30 in my bikes for almost 20 years and have never lost a gear, bearing,shift fork, or clutch ball in a total of 7 bikes. It is expensive but I change it every 25-30 hours of riding, I do have an hourmeter on my bike.

Edited by bansheesandrider

Guys are running Type F and then they have to put a pancake bearing in it to prevent the clutch ball from welding to the pushrod. I have run Klotz Flex Drive 30 in my bikes for almost 20 years and have never lost a gear, bearing,shift fork, or clutch ball in a total of 7 bikes. It is expensive but I change it every 25-30 hours of riding, I do have an hourmeter on my bike.

The oil is far from the reason people have issues with the clutch ball.

What happens if the clutch ball welds to the pushrod?

you sure about that? i changed mine maybe every other month and the clutch didn't slip after 5 years.

Depends on the riding you do. When I ran Type F I could barely make it a day before it needed changed. But we drag race a lot in the sand and I am really hard on the clutch to get out of the hole well.

It is pretty simple. Oil needs to be changed when it breaks down. The type of oil you use and your driving habits will determine how long it will last. Check your oil and change it when needed.

SP