new here need help jetting my 370 race port with keihin 34pj

aserna

hi all i have a 05 shee that i just put together. 370cc wiseco pro lite pistons with stock stroke, weld crank. my mods are case port and mach my cylinders open up the runners. open my exhaust to 84 for better exhaust flow. flywheel mod as well.

i will say my porting is a race - drag portting, mill stock head and re-chamber got me 185psi compression. i am +5 on my timeing running 40-1 pre mis 110 octane

here my problem , haveing a hard time jetting my 34pj current set up is 160 main and 58 pilot air screw 1.5 turns out on both carbs.

as for the needle is on the middle clip,needle type i have no idea it has a letter j ,waiting for my cgl needle to come in. the bike has a realy bad gog on the botton end mid to top real good. i need a good staring point. this is my fist time i worked with bigger carbs set up, before i had stock carbs with 390 mains and 30 pilots 1.75 turns out it pull nice as for my elevation am at 1200 feet to sea level, glamis ca

Your pilot is way fat. Try a 48-50

yesterday i try the 48 pilot, i could not get the bike to idle i had bothh air screws all the out and nothing.

you want to turn the air screws in to richen....

today i worked on the bike i could not get it to work even with the air screw all the in all the way. i did found out the caps on my carbs dont have the seal gaskets. this may be were im getting my problem. i will be going to trinity raceing on monday and get a set. i really wanted to get my shee ready for sunday we got a spot here in san bernardino that has been good for the drags thinking off putting my stockers .

• 4 weeks later...

Pj carbs can be weird if they are the first set of big carbs you are learning to tune. The jetting you have listed is a lil fat from my experience. Try the pilot between 48-55. Needle should be either CGL or CEL. The clip is up to you. As for your main jet, you should be 148-155ish. Start out on the fat end. Here are the most critical tid bits of info on a Pj carb. They don't really rely on your airscrew adjustments to make the bike idle. To get the idle, you need to turn the choke knobs out about 7 1/2 turns. Mark them with a paint pen or white out to keep track of where they are at. Keep the air screws at about 2 turns, and leave them till the bike doesn't feel like it could possibly run any better.