Chariot Billet intake

So I perviously had the cheesy boost bottle on my banshee. While cleaning I noticed cracks in both intake boot "necks" where the boost bottle fits down inside, so I decided it was time to get one of those billet intakes I've read about on this form. I choose Chariot Racing from the sponsor list and bought the product. The part did not come with any instructions, I email Chariot racing via ebay and, was told basically where the o-rings and gaskets go, no big deal its a simple part. So I installed the intake last night finding out that the intake pushes my carbs 1/2 inch to the back, this does not work out with a stock air box and boots I have. I had to make some cuts and modify where the stock air box sat under the seat. This is just a temp job of course... the questions this leads to is

1) Since adding the billet intake and putting everything together my banshee is smoking like crazy...I did take the chance to clean the carbs while they were off, and re-synced them without a problem...I am fear-full of an air air leak...?, but not sure because I imagine the banshee would run lean and not smoke so much if that were the case...?

2) If I eliminate the air-box completely and go with a "K&N air filter POD kit for stock carbs", (from F.A.S.T Parts) how and were should I position my coolant res...?

Also a random question...

Can I use a normal fuel filter inline to the carbs from the gas tank or is there a specific filtering system someone recommends?

So I perviously had the cheesy boost bottle on my banshee. While cleaning I noticed cracks in both intake boot "necks" where the boost bottle fits down inside, so I decided it was time to get one of those billet intakes I've read about on this form. I choose Chariot Racing from the sponsor list and bought the product. The part did not come with any instructions, I email Chariot racing via ebay and, was told basically where the o-rings and gaskets go, no big deal its a simple part. So I installed the intake last night finding out that the intake pushes my carbs 1/2 inch to the back, this does not work out with a stock air box and boots I have. I had to make some cuts and modify where the stock air box sat under the seat. This is just a temp job of course... the questions this leads to is

1) Since adding the billet intake and putting everything together my banshee is smoking like crazy...I did take the chance to clean the carbs while they were off, and re-synced them without a problem...I am fear-full of an air air leak...?, but not sure because I imagine the banshee would run lean and not smoke so much if that were the case...?

2) If I eliminate the air-box completely and go with a "K&N air filter POD kit for stock carbs", (from F.A.S.T Parts) how and were should I position my coolant res...?

Also a random question...

Can I use a normal fuel filter inline to the carbs from the gas tank or is there a specific filtering system someone recommends?

it might be too rich now.the crossover in the chariot intake is very small compared to stock tube.not saying thats it,but do a plug check.spray wd-40 around the intakes.if idle raises,its got a leak,if not i would call it good.they have cooland bottle relocation kits.i think jeff sells them too,so get one when u order pods.normal filter?the little see thru ones?get one of those from jeff too since ur having an order shipped.u really dont need a filter tho,there are filters on the petcock inside the tank.

i personally dont like the crossover tube intakes. normal ole intakes that were 2 pieces worked fine and left the carbs int he stock location.

the air box you can modify a lot to move it around. if it has the billet plate you can cut the back of the box off and still use it for your resivour location. cut the actual box out completely even the frame tabs ( that suck bawllzz) i sometime just zip tye it up lately i have been doing this more due to the pods rubbing big ass holes in them in them from the frame..

there are 2 ways to solve the problem of the coolant bottle.......first is to buy a "kit" which is a billet part that bolts into where the rear of the old air box used to be and has two holes for you to push the coolant bottle into. My buddy as this and its nice.....but i don't know if its warranted as its kinda expensive.

For my bike the previous owner thought outside of the box a little bit. if you look at your air box (the rear of it) and look at where the coolant bottle pops into it......he had cut the back of the box so that it will still bolt up...but cut so that the only thing there was the 2 holes for the coolant bottle. and its free.

If it is smoking a lot it is not because you changed the intakes and need to rejet. You will not need to rejet just for changing intakes. Something else is wrong. Start looking at everything you did and possibly redo everything again.

Is it possible to put the reed valve cage and reed back incorrectly after replacing the gaskets that came with your product...? the only other thing I did was spray down my carbs to clean them... Its not just smoking a lot, it will not idle either... All of the carbs setting are set the same prior to taking the carbs off.

Is it possible to put the reed valve cage and reed back incorrectly after replacing the gaskets that came with your product...? the only other thing I did was spray down my carbs to clean them... Its not just smoking a lot, it will not idle either... All of the carbs setting are set the same prior to taking the carbs off.

No, the reed cages will be fine either way. I think Cam was right, it probably is just because it was sitting and the oil separated a bit with the gas. That is common. You should always shake the bike before starting it to get the oil mixed again wih the gas. I would ride it for a bit and the smoke will likely clear and it will idle again. Do not rejet because you changed the intakes if it ran good before.

Found the problem as suggested by Larry's Shee... I overlooked a simple task and put the slides in the carbs backwards.... I appreciate all of the suggestions, and help. Thanks to Chariot Performance for providing feedback as well. Now on to the next...