paddles for glamis?

banshee760

What do you guys think will be a good choice.for glamis dunning and some racing. I have two set one being 22x11x8 8 paddle haulers and the other 20x10x10 9 paddle extremes.

My set up is dune drag port, cool head with 20cc domes, dual 34 mikunis, timing at +6, shearer in frame pipes, +6 swing arm and stock gearing front 14 and rear 41.

That could be a pick'em. Gearing will factor into the equation also. I personally like the the 22 over the 20. You'll have plenty of wheel spin with the 8 paddle hauler for launches. There will be good hookup with the the 9 paddle extremes for wheelies . On a plus six swinger the 9 paddle IMO would be best of both worlds if on a 22 tire. Take them both and see what you like.

Why the hate on the 10" wheel?

Because in really soft sand they basically dig holes. The 8" wheels with the 22 inch haulers will hook way harder than the short ass 20s on 10inch wheels. The side walls are too stiff and they dont float on top of the sand like the taller softer tire will. For drag racing im betting the 22's will be way better for you. You may like the 20s for general duning however

Because in really soft sand they basically dig holes. The 8" wheels with the 22 inch haulers will hook way harder than the short ass 20s on 10inch wheels. The side walls are too stiff and they dont float on top of the sand like the taller softer tire will. For drag racing im betting the 22's will be way better for you. You may like the 20s for general duning however

Yeah thats exactly why. I guess it really just depends what riding you do and how aggressive you ride.

For all around duning and the occasional drag race, I love my 21 inch haulers on 8 inch wheels.

Very good feedback thank you guys. Anyone else ?

Might as well sell those 20's. Once you try both out you'll see exactly what these guys are talking about. I've ran pretty much every kind of paddle and would never run a 20 inch tire, especially on a 10 inch rim, again. Even on my bolt-on yami 450 I run 21x12x8 8 paddle haulers to dune and race.

Put those 22's on and don't look back....exact at the competition- LOL

I don't have direct experience with banshee's, but it seems that 22" tires are the most popular choice at Glamis/Gordons. You should have the balls to rock those :headbang:

The 21" tire on a 8" wheel is also one of the lighest tire and wheel combinations you can get and light weigh means less rolling resistance. I run the 21 on a 8 also and would never even consider going back to a 20" tire. Much more traction and you do not get stuck nearly as often.

Ok my experience was:

1) 20/10/10 at glamis sucked! Very revy then no mph..

2) got stuck 3 times(never been stuck on 22's)

3) just look plain ugly.

So I threw on my 22's and rode the rest of the day with no issues and better mph.

My next trip I will try my new set 21/12/8 9paddle b2b :) stay tuned ...

Ok my experience was:

1) 20/10/10 at glamis sucked! Very revy then no mph..

2) got stuck 3 times(never been stuck on 22's)

3) just look plain ugly.

So I threw on my 22's and rode the rest of the day with no issues and better mph.

My next trip I will try my new set 21/12/8 9paddle b2b :) stay tuned ...

Let us know how you like the 21's compared to the 22's- I have the exact 21's right now, but thinking about going w/ a 22 SLS 10 paddle extreme since I'm mainly riding my banshee at the drags these days.

Rode on my 21-12-8 9paddle b2b and they did very well. But on turns from the tire being so thin it doesn't do well under that pressure. So my best all around paddle up to date would be my 22-11/8 8 paddle not b2b hauler. The stronger side wall makes a huge difference and is more fun to ride.

• 2 weeks later...

You don't know what the hell you are talking about...... don't you ride dirt bikes????????

You don't know what the hell you are talking about...... don't you ride dirt bikes????????

What the fuck are you talking about, ive never ridden a dirt bike in sand in my life, and everything i said is exactly correct. I have every single tire that has been discussed in the thread and have used them in all different types of sand. :yank: