Pistons

power

Why would you ever want to put stock pistons in anything? Get yourself a set of Wiseco pistons. They are readily available all over the net. Give Kevin at Herr Jugs Racing a call, he can get you whatever size pistons you need. His number is in my signature.

- Jared

Why would you ever want to put stock pistons in anything? Get yourself a set of Wiseco pistons. They are readily available all over the net. Give Kevin at Herr Jugs Racing a call, he can get you whatever size pistons you need. His number is in my signature.

- Jared

Ok thanks.i checked on ebay now.vitos are selling pistons and they say this:

This is a complete top end piston and gasket kit. The superstock pistons were designed to add H.P. to stock unported cylinders. We basically ported the piston instead of the cylinders, the top of the piston on the exhaust side has an angle cut to let the exhaust escape sooner.(the same thing can be achieved if you raised the exhaust port with a porting tool) The intake windows are raised for a longer intake duration. A solid 8-10 H.P. can be gained after installing these pistons. Re-jetting of the carburetors will be necessary to accomadate the extra H.P.

---------------

Up to 10hp extra?cant be true.

If ur lookin at the set i believe u r its for a .40 bore they have an overstock of them. If ur lookin for a standard piston i would go namura or wiseco.

namura? really? If you want a cast piston at least run a quality one like a Pro X. :rolleyes:

The power gains vitos advertises is a joke.

namura? really? If you want a cast piston at least run a quality one like a Pro X. :rolleyes:

The power gains vitos advertises is a joke.

I don't see any reason peak power wouldn't be gained with the Vito's pistons. It's like raising the exhaust port. Whether it's 8 hp, I don't know. Probably depends on the pipes, and if they like the higher exhaust port duration.