BEST MOD

Flo Jo

OK I have an 01 with herr jugs porting t-5 v-3 160 comp and +5 timing .040 basic stuff now my question is would bigger carbs im running stockers now. would i get the best bang for the buck that route or CPI's or Shearers? i ride dunes exclusively i ride the dunes hard as well as line up at the hill and drags (glamis). So im thinking of getting a set of bigger carbs and any recommendations on what not to get and what really works and would it be an improvement?

OK I have an 01 with herr jugs porting t-5 v-3 160 comp and +5 timing .040 basic stuff now my question is would bigger carbs im running stockers now. would i get the best bang for the buck that route or CPI's or Shearers? i ride dunes exclusively i ride the dunes hard as well as line up at the hill and drags (glamis). So im thinking of getting a set of bigger carbs and any recommendations on what not to get and what really works and would it be an improvement?

Depends on your porting. If your ported for top end i would say cpi's would be good with some 28mil carbs,if your ported for low mid i would say a single 33 or 35 mm carb and fmf gnarlies or pro circuits.

I would give kevin a call and ask him what would work best with what type of porting he gave you. A little bit bigger carb will almost always help a ported cylinder breathe better. If its an aggressive dune ported stock stroke I would go with some Keihin 33 PWK's. Depending on what kevin did for your porting, the CPI's would probably work pretty good for dune riding. Ask kevin about the pipes.