Building a blaster

midlifecrisis

My son's Blaster has Fat Bastard pipe, Vito's 2 stage reeds, ported cage, stock carb, Wiesco, home porting. Probably biggest thing is suspension, way to narrow. Just finnishing up adapting warrior rear brake, stock sucks. http://www.blasterforum.com/ Good site to find lots of answers. 34 carb would be to big execpt for highly modded or 240 bb. :cheers:

Thanks Larry,

Got myself settled in nicely over there. Now Im gonna have to spilt my time wisely!

i have a blaster that i use for harescrambles almost everything on it is aftermarket......mine is ported and i run a 34mm pj...have any ?'s feel free to pm me id be glad to help with your project

for budget friendly suspension you can bolt on some stock shee shocks on the front and mount up a 400ex shock on the rear thats what i have for my set up and works well

ken occoner on blasterforum makes a bushing kit to bolt up the 400ex rear i wanna say its like 20 bucks

like i said if ya need anything just send me a pm ill be glad to help

One interesting aspect is they aren't afraid to try something. There is a good thread by "Blaner" on putting a 450 front end on a Blaster, after having read it I think the answer for why it doesn't work well on 'shee is in keeping the X, Y, Z relationship correct to how it was on YFZ. One other thing for you is that the Banshee axle fits and adds 3 5/8 to width.

Thats good to know, I just replaced my shee stocker with a +4, so itll work out well. What about the disc, sprocket, hubs etc....? Does the carrier work on the stock blaster swinger?

for the shee axle swap you will need a shee brake hub and rotor the blaster sproket hub will work the blaster wheel hubs will also work or you can run the shee hubs and run the shee 9"wheels and if you like i can send you a template to mount up a gsxr caliper thats what i run

there are a huge amount of things you can do to a blaster to improve it,

Edited by bansheeman2002