key switch relocation

premixonly

Im trying to come up with idea's of where to relocate my key switch, but nothing's coming up. Right now it's in the stock position, hook up on that big black box in the middle of the bars :shootself: . i was hopping for some idea's and pictures from you guys of where you located your key switch or what you think i should do with it.

thanks again !

they do make nice billet brackets for the handle bars , but i had a banshee once and the guy i got it from just took the key out of the big plastic box and cut the wire's added just enough wire and mounted the key under the seat... he tucked the wires along the gas tank. it was so slick that i didnt notice it till i cleaned the filters .. the only problem i ever had was when he added more wire he just taped it banghead .... i shrink wrapd it . worked great.

I made this out of a piece of 1 x 2 scrap angle alum I had laying around...

Used the plastic mount for a template for the hole and just filed it out to fit. Didn't need to splice any wire into the harness either. Just CAREFULLY cut the wires free that you need to the switch and re-wrap the harness once you have the switch re-located. It's very inconspicuous, even when you open it in front of people most don't notice it tucked under like that.

2011-03-25_22-06-58_268.jpg

Edited by muggzy

thanks for the idea's ! i decided to relocate the key under my seat on left and side. i made two brackets but im not sure which one i want to use. they are both chrome but it doesn't show on the pictures. the one mounted is the one i prefer but i want YOUR opinions !

ban: the spare plug's is a amazing idea

sorry i cant upload picture. if anyone really wants to see what i done walk me true the steps for uploading picture i new to all this :shootself:

sorry i cant upload picture. if anyone really wants to see what i done walk me true the steps for uploading picture i new to all this :shootself:

Best way is to just upload them to photobucket.com and just paste the image link (last one) on here. That way you don't have to mess around with resizing them. :cheers:

Like my Blaster , I just deleted the key altogether , all I run is a killswitch . When I go riding ( dunes , harescrambles etc ) I have a 15 foot chain/cable Lock I secure it with ( doubles as a tow strap ) . I like to keep things as simple as possible , so the removal of little stuff like that makes life easier . I like that spare plug holder , I'm gonna have to make one of those .

228663a0.jpg?t=1301632775 Yep , Rebuilding the whole thing ......

• 2 weeks later...

Like my Blaster , I just deleted the key altogether , all I run is a killswitch . When I go riding ( dunes , harescrambles etc ) I have a 15 foot chain/cable Lock I secure it with ( doubles as a tow strap ) . I like to keep things as simple as possible , so the removal of little stuff like that makes life easier . I like that spare plug holder , I'm gonna have to make one of those .

Yep , Rebuilding the whole thing ......

I did the same thing.. just splice the two wires together, use a tether as the key. Also got ride of the big black blob for on/off and headlights. Rewiring the banshee is pretty simple. I have a toggle switch now for the headlights, On (High) and off.

Simplicity looks cleaner to me.

I replaced my key with an inline blade fuse holder. that way you can still make it unstartable, by removing the fuse. hidden real easy, get the proper waterproof ones with the cap.

good idea on the light/kill switch, I might piss that off next, and just use my tether as a kill.

i know of all the bikes i have heard of getting stolen they left the ones with the hidden key!

best place for that stupid key switch in in the trashcan next to the torrs and all the other crap i cut off the frame..

dirt bikes dont have keys

Im trying to come up with idea's of where to relocate my key switch, but nothing's coming up. Right now it's in the stock position, hook up on that big black box in the middle of the bars :shootself: . i was hopping for some idea's and pictures from you guys of where you located your key switch or what you think i should do with it.

thanks again !

I took a piece of aluminium stock and bolted it to the T.O.R.S. box braket and mounted a toggle to it. hard to see and out of the way. Just A suggestion