Nerf Bars?

fargo_182

I would go with anodizing. It goes into the metal instead of just coating it so it is less prone to chipping and scratching. How long it sets in the tank will determine how far the color will penatrate into the metal. The only other consideration between powdercoating and anodizing might be your budget.

I would go with anodizing. It goes into the metal instead of just coating it so it is less prone to chipping and scratching. How long it sets in the tank will determine how far the color will penatrate into the metal. The only other consideration between powdercoating and anodizing might be your budget.

I have access to both so cost on the anodizing isn't a concern. I do alot of trail riding though, so I guess just want to know which would last longer. I thought maybe the PC would chip. I have thought of doing bed liner as well.

I guess my concern more is how it will look. I don't want it to look cheap with bedliner on it.

• 1 month later...

I was wondering the same thing. Would it be a good idea to get them sandblasted, then powedercoated? Or maybe paint if powder coating is to expensive.

If whoever is doing your PC dont blast and prep before PC, I'd be going somewhere else. One problem with anodizing is that the sun will fade it over time. I have a Reinhart exhaust system on my Harley and it has black anodized tips and the older they get the more they fade and its garage kept. I also have some anodizing on my stang and the same issue. If this is of no cost to you I would PC and just redo it if need be.

• 2 weeks later...

For the people who do a lot of trail riding, bed liner is a good option to consider. You can get types that are pretty darn smooth and still very durable, I think Duplicolor has different types and colors.