Oregon ATV safety card? What other rule changes?

Ducman

KOA is a lot nicer and is fairly cheap if you're not alone. As for the online test....seemed like common sense to me. I think it timed me out once and then I was good to go.

Lol, you guys suck! I got timed out once also and it still only took me an hour. After the first chapter you (or atleast I) could skim the rest because it was basically all about rider fit, which was covered in the first chapter. I actually ended up taking the test again for my sister and was done in less the 45 minutes. Like I said, everything you NEED to know is covered in the first chapter. Every chapter after that is basically the same.

When I took the test it was 15 chapters and my GF took it after and hers was only 10 chapters long. Im guessing because she just clicked dunes and ATV only where I chose Dunes/Forest ATV/Motorcycle. I thought it would limit you to where and what you could ride so I did it all. After we both took it I looked at each of cards and they are exactly the same visually. So save some time and don't click all the options in the beginning lol.

• 5 weeks later...

I was at spinreel this last weekend and they cited a 19 year girl for riding an atv w/o a license. She has never had a drivers license and was out riding with her grandparents. They cruised the whole day use area checking everyone for current tags.

When they first drove into the day use area, they where driving the wrong way. It cause a traffic jam with people leaving with trailers. Some some guy said to them they were going the wrong way. So the cop cop got out of her truck and got into his face about interferring with an officer conducting official business.

lol ill bet its the lesbo that chews, she is a f*****g c**t. she told us last year that the birds hate the noise from bikes...... so we told her they hate it worse when we run them over. seriously these are the kind of people that enjoy ruining good peoples fun and vacations.

There are enforcing every rule/law this year. I was at Horsfall campground and my group got 3 warnings and 3 tickets, one for expired atv tag by one month, one for no riders safety card ( which you have to carry on you at all times) and one for a over the db liimit. They probably woulda kept handing out tickets but my group said screw it and put there bikes in the trailer and didn't ride the rest of the weekend. Looks like they have doubled up on park rangers but cant seem to fix the showers/bathrooms at HorsfaL... hmmm wonder were all our money is going, obvisiouly not back into the campgrounds.. its a joke

The money is going to the poeple that are trying to take more riding area away. and to hire more tree huggers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For the oregon riding rules having an atv that is only made for one person you can only have 1 person on it. even if they are very young and even with a helmet they can't do it at all with out a big fine. If it was an atv built for 2 people that is excluded from the rule but the kid would have to be behind you while you ride. YOu can only legaly have 1 person on an atv built for 1 person. 2 if the atv is a 2 up machine you can have 2 people on it. but with next years rules you cant have a side by side on any atv trails any more like we use to. they will have there own trails and will be able to share the orv trails. Sucks since i dont have enough suspension travel to navigate the orv triails near me.

good and bad. I know I had to take a riders safety course when I was 12 (UTAH) but it was all pretty much common sense shit. Anyone 16 and over is good. And I bet it does save some lives. I do not agree with the no passengers law. My buddy got a ticket in Doumont for putting around camp with his 2 year old son on his lap. But the officer said he can ride his own atv.... so I guess it is safer to have a 2 year old riding his own bike than putting around with dad.... I do like the "fit the atv" rule. scary as shit seeing 50-60 lb kids ridding 500lb atvs alone!! But that falls under the common sense rule in my book.