New banshee owner

After searching around and doing some reading i finally did it, i bought my 1st banshee! Its a 1989, still has the stock bore! It has Toomey T5 pipes and silencers with a K&N Airfilter, New douglas blue label wheels with holeshots all the way around, RPM rear axle and i think it's 2" wider with the spacers i have in it now. The carbs haven't been jetted so i ordered the Toomey perfect jet kit and im missing exhaust clamps, so i'm looking at getting the cascade clamps. It starts and runs, probably will run better when i get it jetted right, it's had yamalube 2r oil in it mixed at 32:1, after doing some searching i see that oil is pretty much a personal preference, i think i would like to run the klotz 50r, but not sure if i should stay at 32:1 or go 40:1. My 1st major modification will getting ahold of stellar and have some 2 + 1 J arms made, and yzf shocks.

post-36955-0-55378000-1299767674_thumb.jpg

After searching around and doing some reading i finally did it, i bought my 1st banshee! Its a 1989, still has the stock bore! It has Toomey T5 pipes and silencers with a K&N Airfilter, New douglas blue label wheels with holeshots all the way around, RPM rear axle and i think it's 2" wider with the spacers i have in it now. The carbs haven't been jetted so i ordered the Toomey perfect jet kit and im missing exhaust clamps, so i'm looking at getting the cascade clamps. It starts and runs, probably will run better when i get it jetted right, it's had yamalube 2r oil in it mixed at 32:1, after doing some searching i see that oil is pretty much a personal preference, i think i would like to run the klotz 50r, but not sure if i should stay at 32:1 or go 40:1. My 1st major modification will getting ahold of stellar and have some 2 + 1 J arms made, and yzf shocks.

Congrats on the banshee purchase!

I would get the jetting dialed in before you even think about riding it. Yes oil is all personal preference, I personally run Klotz R-50 at 40:1 and love it. Can't go wrong with Klotz IMO.

Tim @ Stellar builds some top notch stuff, you won't be disappointed at all. I run one of his swing-arms on my banshee. :cheers:

Ya thats kind of what im thinking, i would rather do it now then wait till it really goes bad, just not sure what direction i want to go, nothing to radical, just freshen it up, i would like to go with the CNC head but i still need to do some researching on dome sizes and how different sizes effect what and such. Thanks for the welcomes, this site has been very helpful to me so far, and owning a banshee is like owning a corvette, everyone looks out for eachother and helps one another.

I can't find anything when i search top end kits, first thing i'm going to do is perform a compression check and see where im at, then i will do a tear down and check bore sizes, but as far as what kit to buy, i have always run the wiseco pistons and never had any problems, like i said, i searched and can't find any comments or reviews on top end kits.

Elevation where i'm at is 890 i believe. I did a compression check and i'm hitting 120psi per cylinder, spark plugs have some white on the tips which should be accurate considering i'm running stock jets with aftermarket pipes, my jet kit will be here wednesday, overall i think out of all the banshees i looked at i think i picked a good one, it has been taken care of, and it was worth the 300 mile round trip picking it up. :cheers:

I put the jet kit in and set the needle on the 4th groove, per toomey instructions, took it out to a wide open field so i could get some seat time, at first it wouldn't run at all, i pulled the lid off the air filter box and it runs awesome, actually it screams! i have been reading on here and alot of people say get rid of the lid, i have a k & n with an outerwear, i just can't believe that the lid makes that much of a difference, makes me wonder if my tune is still off?