Temp fix on intake boot?

Have any of you ever used any silicon or rtv stuff to temporarily fix a crack in your intake boots? I will be buying new boots soon but would like to give mine a temp fix for now banghead

What stuff do you guys recommend using?

Thanks for any help/info.

the absolutely best fix hands down for badd intakes that i have found over all the years is remove them, get your band saw, skill saw out, and cut the damn things in half!!!! and ORDER SOME NEW ONES!!!!! you cheap asses for what they cost NEW its NOT worth it to pop a motor

the absolutely best fix hands down for badd intakes that i have found over all the years is remove them, get your band saw, skill saw out, and cut the damn things in half!!!! and ORDER SOME NEW ONES!!!!! you cheap asses for what they cost NEW its NOT worth it to pop a motor

Kinda hard to do right now being unemployed and living off savings, so trying to save as much as possible but still live like my life doesn't suck at the moment...... Thanks for the info tho

Kinda hard to do right now being unemployed and living off savings, so trying to save as much as possible but still live like my life doesn't suck at the moment...... Thanks for the info tho

I'm with you Hard Luck. banghead In a perfect world it"s a different story. As the title said " Temp Fix". Obviously a rotten ass boot can't be fixed , but one with minor cracking as in my case I'm satisfied with the repair. If you use any silicon be sure it"s gasoline safe.

So being we are in an imperfect world maybe cam could send us both some "new" boots and we could send him our old to cut up 'cause I don't have a band saw either. banghead

:cheers::jesterlaugh:

I'm with you Hard Luck. banghead In a perfect world it"s a different story. As the title said " Temp Fix". Obviously a rotten ass boot can't be fixed , but one with minor cracking as in my case I'm satisfied with the repair. If you use any silicon be sure it"s gasoline safe.

So being we are in an imperfect world maybe cam could send us both some "new" boots and we could send him our old to cut up 'cause I don't have a band saw either. banghead

:cheers::jesterlaugh:

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Do you know of what glue/silicon would work best?

i would have to agree with larry,i was gonna say that yesterday.id go with threebond in ur situation.u know its impervious to all the substances in the motor,thats what seals the motor.id do that,then again,ebay,u can find em dirt cheap,well,sometimes.