DONE with HS wrestling

Toomey Banshee

Well after my 2 sons put their time in we are done with HS wrestling. 8 straight years of HS varsity wrestling has kicked my ass, lol. My youngest, a senior made it to states for the second straight year, but lost his first match so hes done for the year. Finished the season at 32-9 with 95 career wins. Here in NJ 100 is a big deal so he almost made it. I'm very proud of him. He struggled as a young wrestler but worked himself into an outstanding competitor. His work ethic is epic, he'll do well in the real world once HS and College are done. The bad is he beat alot of the kids that are gonna place, he just got a tough draw for his first match. Anyway with the huge number of kids that wrestle here he made it to the final 24 that qualified for the state tournament. Time to work on the quads and get em ready. I honestly can say Im not gonna miss a second of the sport for at least a few years. Hopefully their kids are gonna be into golf.

only been in it watching my boy 2 years.32-9 is a very respectable high school record.my son finished 35-3 but that was at the junior high level .qualified for state and got caight dipping on the bus the following monday-3 days outta school suspension and no state for him.igotta love the time with your kids because they are gone before you realize it............

Im in 10th grade now, i wrestled last year. I only did it for one year, i liked the sport but i couldnt stand the not being able to eat.

I had a major height and strength advantage on the kids i wrestled.

I was 5'6" and in the 115 lb weight class, and yes my coaches still wanted me to drop weight.

congrats to your boys, those are some of the best highschool memories i have left. not just the sports, but the comradery and friendships you built while getting your ass kicked 7 days a week, its tough to understand at that age, but then a few years down the line you see how much it meant to you. the pranks, locker room bs, away matches, bus trips, all day tournaments, all that shit, great times

true dat he starts freestyle in 3 weeks i cant wait and then jordans wrestling camp

Hey thanks for all the kind words. AWR your boy is on the right track, gotta stop dippin on the bus though. MJ, wrestling was/is a major part of our lives. Good life lessons. I however have another 3 weeks left. He wants to enter the senior national wrestling tournament in VA beach the end of the month, so I was almost done, just have a few weeks left. A few very expensive weeks. VA beach for about a week of motel a room, eats, drinks and of course some booze. Gonna actually be fun, my oldest son is 22 so its us 3, should be some fun. WISH US LUCK!