F.A.S.T. Racing 4 mil Serval Cub

05stroker

Andy, if you look at Nate's graph they red line is the shearer's with stock carbs and stock reeds. The green line is the shearer's with 38's and v-force. There is only a 3-4 hp difference between the two setup between 7700 rpm and 9500 rpm. The bottom is identical. I think the graph is posted on page 6 or 7 here. I got this info from atvdragracers from his post.

Its all in that other post i started. Basic setup thought 140lbs compression, 91oct fuel, .045 squish stock flywheel, +3 timing, stock drivetrain

I think its great that you guys did the testing i just dont think you gave the test the proper chance to see real results. CPI's or shearers are absolutely not going to like the boyseen reed or small carbs that you guys put on there and thats why i think that the pc came out on top in the test it likes the intake setup that didnt flow near as well.

Its funny that you ask. As I have seen so many people say that cubs just dont have any bottom end most of the time because of either the way there built. Or most likely because when they do hit they hit so hard that nobody wants that in the trail anyway. Dont get me wrong a serval setup like i think a serval should be setup (pump gas) is a killer setup but a cub can make the power and then some.

Here are 3 graphs, the lower one is the 421 serval, the other two are different motors not servals. Ill let everybody speculate for a little while what they are before i tell.

The suspense is killing me, if one of them is a cheetah cub, not on alky nor oof drag pipes I might be back on the Cheetah cub band wagon!!

End my suffering Andy!

Great discussion so far guys.

Andy, if you look at Nate's graph they red line is the shearer's with stock carbs and stock reeds. The green line is the shearer's with 38's and v-force. There is only a 3-4 hp difference between the two setup between 7700 rpm and 9500 rpm. The bottom is identical. I think the graph is posted on page 6 or 7 here. I got this info from atvdragracers from his post.

It wouldn't let me edit my post. The cpi's and shearer's are very close in comparison until they get to the top. If you take that 3-4 hp gain that the shearer's had and apply it to the cpi's curve in my graph it would put the cpi's right about where the pro circuit's already are. The shearer's in Nate's graph gained nothing down low with bigger carbs/ reeds. There was not a major gain in the top end from the stock carbs on this graph infact they pulled the same peak hp.

This is the chart we are talking about. That chart is a comparison for the same shearer pipe with stock carbs and cages vs 38mm carbs and vf3's.

The red line is the shearer's with stock carbs and stock reeds. The green line is the shearer's with 38's and v-force.

dynosheet.jpg

Sorry to jump in but thanks for the overlay Andy. Exactly why I wanted to see that. Very impressive top lines! Its what I would want moving up from a stk cydr ported 4mill. Is one a 421 4mill on methonal?

If the pulses on the dyno was changed 1 pulse it would read the same peaking Rpm as the Dynojets. Then the overlay would look totally different.

Here is my run with 34's vforce III and cpi's overlayed on top of your curve hope you dont mind. Another reputable builder did the cpi's and the shearers back to back and they were identical up the face but the shearers peaked about another 1000 higher and made another 6hp.

I understand that differences in dynos day to day even can make a diff but its interesting to see diff setups. When talking about usable power which is what you guys sound like you want. We want the power to come on low as possible and carry it as high possible so we have the broadest power curve we can make.

Thank you for posting this thread. I had stock cylinders at the builders for porting and called to put the stop on once I read about this set up. I'll be ordering one shortly. I am not as familiar with the "numbers" talk. Bottom line if I understand it correctly, this setup is fabulous for the duner? Which is what I'm after. Are you currently running the stock clutch?

Thank you for posting this thread. I had stock cylinders at the builders for porting and called to put the stop on once I read about this set up. I'll be ordering one shortly. I am not as familiar with the "numbers" talk. Bottom line if I understand it correctly, this setup is fabulous for the duner? Which is what I'm after. Are you currently running the stock clutch?

No, a stock clutch is not going to handle this. Bare minimum you will want a billet basket and a heavy duty clutch kit with heavy springs. I haven't got it in the sand yet but just riding it around and doing the break in, this has power everywhere. You wont regret it

Edited by 05stroker

I have a helmet cam video of me riding it at a friends house. The video is nothing spectacular as I was finishing up the break in. I wasn't running it all out. I got the video compressed last night but the uploader on Vimeo was't working very fast and it said it had about 3 hours to go and was only at 8% after about 15 minutes. I shut it down and went to bed. I will get the video uploaded this afternoon and post it up. I will get some video of the dyno pulls if the guys at the shop don't mind.

Ditto

So after all this debate about big carb small carb big pipe small pipe, how do you guys think a pair of 35mm pwk a/s and R2 pipes would run on the serval. Oh and with v-force2 reeds.

What about McCoy's charts for Shearers between stock carbs and stock reedcages vs 38mm carbs and vf3's? Was that not a fair chance?

NO because once again the 38's are too big. Andy's bike had the 34's. So like I was saying.....34-35's and SB Shearers.

NO because once again the 38's are too big. Andy's bike had the 34's. So like I was saying.....34-35's and SB Shearers.

YEAH !!! make sure it's got hoosiers and a twist grip on it too ...........fuck....idk what you guys were thinkin :)