domes question

sangheraent

I have been running a chariot head for some time now and I am upgrading to smaller domes. I bought a set of 19cc stroker domes off of a guy on here. they are a little diffrent and I didnt notice it until I was puting the orings on. The modquads dont have a intend in the domes for the orings? do the orings just go around the outside or are they not compatible?

I have been running a chariot head for some time now and I am upgrading to smaller domes. I bought a set of 19cc stroker domes off of a guy on here. they are a little diffrent and I didnt notice it until I was puting the orings on. The modquads dont have a intend in the domes for the orings? do the orings just go around the outside or are they not compatible?

nobody knows where to put the orings on a modquad dome? can I even use a modquad dome with a chariot head?

sound like big bore domes. big bore PD style domes use the actual head as the outside support of the dome..

need to be carefull with that style on the one piece chariot. you'll probably be fine greaser up really well

sound like big bore domes. big bore PD style domes use the actual head as the outside support of the dome..

need to be carefull with that style on the one piece chariot. you'll probably be fine greaser up really well

x2 That is when a 2 pice head is nice. I just grease up each o ring with vasoline. Put the o ring on the dome and set it over the bore. Then do the other side. Then put the slide the shell over the studs and down on to the domes. That way you can see that the domes are lined up before you put the top plate on.

It is probably a big bore dome. They move the o ring out slightly so it can still seal and not be directly exposed to the combustion chamber.

Here is a pic of a big bore dome. I believe they are for 66mm-68mm bores. I dont know if it is ok to use them on a small bore or not.

SwainTechDome.jpg

it looks like a big bore dome to me. You can but I dont know what measurement is supose to be for standard and big bore.

That is definitely a small bore dome. The width of the ledge separating the oring from the combustion area would be about 80 thou wide on a big bore dome. That looks like twice that to me in the picture.