Trinity 2 into 1 Intake

ddavid

Im considering buying a trinity 2 into 1 intake Stage 4 for my shee or should i stick with dual carbs. My biggest concern is how much gas it is going to suck since i trail ride, my shee has toomey t-5's, wiesco high comp pistons, vito's degree key, boost bottle, tors removed and im clocked at 87 mph so far. Whats the advantages and disadvantages????

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had the trinity 2 into 1 with a 35pwk on my last banshee and it ripped>It took some fiddling to get it dialed in but 1 carb is easier to tune.Got 2 carbs on my current banshee but i dont really see a negative with the single carb unless youre an all out drag racer which most people arent.Its funny everybody gives the 2 into 1 intakes a bad name but i cant seem to find one used...hmmm thats funny.

i had the trinity 2 into 1 with a 35pwk on my last banshee and it ripped>It took some fiddling to get it dialed in but 1 carb is easier to tune.Got 2 carbs on my current banshee but i dont really see a negative with the single carb unless youre an all out drag racer which most people arent.Its funny everybody gives the 2 into 1 intakes a bad name but i cant seem to find one used...hmmm thats funny.

x2 on no used ones out there.

I've been looking for two weeks with no luck.

Good luck though

i think most people would like a properly tuned single carb set up for woods or general play riding.But if a guy that has never ran one says they suck and you loose too much top end,people that dont know any better tend to eat up the hype.Same with the 2 into 1 pipe.It works depends on your application.So unless you plan on communicating with whales youll still have plenty of topend,dont believe the hype.

Edited by armyvet

i think most people would like a properly tuned single carb set up for woods or general play riding.But if a guy that has never ran one says they suck and you loose too much top end,people that dont know any better tend to eat up the hype.Same with the 2 into 1 pipe.It works depends on your application.So unless you plan on communicating with whales youll still have plenty of topend,dont believe the hype.

Well I have run them, and tested them, and still have friends who have them on their bikes that I put on. I say dont do it, your not running the right parts setup to benefit from what it would offer you power wise. Your motor is setup to peak too high with those T5's. You would see a bigger gain by swapping the T5's out with a low-mid pipe.

I am running my trinity 2 into 1 with a 35 mm carb, Pro ciruit pipes, with a mid range port and it screams for me out in the sand dunes.

I am running my twin 28mm mikuni carbs, Pro Circuit pipes, with a mid range port and it screams for me out in the sand dunes.

I am running my twin 28mm mikuni carbs, Pro Circuit pipes, with a mid range port and it screams for me out in the sand dunes.

I know someone running stock carbs, Pro circuit pipes, with Vito's super stock pistons and it screams for him out on the dunes. :rolleyes:

Heck I know someone who screams if I can't hang up a towel. :jesterlaugh:

SERIOUSLY, I'm going to build a 2 into 1 into 2 crossram intake just to stir this debate farther. -_- A twin carb X-pipe intake. It should work like an H-pipe in a car exhaust as well as a massive boost bottle. Honestly.......if 2 carbs are the only way to go with a 350cc motor, and you'll get guys telling you to run everything from a stock carbs to 28's-30's-33's-35's....then how in the hell did an LT-500 get fed from one carb? Heck a 250R was asking more cc's per cylinder than a Banshee and one carb fed it. Lets say you did loose some topend....3-4 horse.....maybe the cost of an extra carb and filter and tuning jets for a second carb isn't worth the 3-4 HP. Maybe having your carb in an easy spot to work on is a plus. Maybe with the carb centered, it gets less crap in the filter. Maybe the 1-2 HP you gain on the bottm end is better used than the 3-4 on the top. Maybe working 2 carbs wears out little hands like my wife's and the single carbs is the better option. Maybe with what he would save from not buying 2-28's he could buy some Vito's super stock pistons and slap them in and make more power than he would with the two carbs. Maybe one carb sounds good because your lazy and just want to ride. :shrugani: Maybe even with all your testing....even your friends don't give a crap and choose to stick with their 2 into 1's. <_< I figure if it was THAT big of a difference, they would drop those 2 into 1's like they were hot! I guess you just ride with them and stay up at the front everytime so they don't hold you up. But you sandbag it so they don't figure out just how much faster you are with 2 carbs. B) Seriously, this question get's answered the same every time.....Is that My tail I'm chasing, or is that yours? :lol::bolt:

Im considering buying a trinity 2 into 1 intake Stage 4 for my shee or should i stick with dual carbs. My biggest concern is how much gas it is going to suck since i trail ride, my shee has toomey t-5's, wiesco high comp pistons, vito's degree key, boost bottle, tors removed and im clocked at 87 mph so far. Whats the advantages and disadvantages????

First, get rid of that boost bottle you will end up having air leaks that might cause engine failure, you will feel better response and better low/mid power with the 2/1 set up and you will lose a LITTLE bit of top end (you might not even notice) .... unless you run a cheetah/twister/ect or full drag ported cylinders you wont really feel a lost of top end power .... with your setup use a 35mm pwk carb and you'll be fine ;)

And BTW : I suggest buying The Charriot Performance 2/1 kit .... anything trinity is straight garbage IMO :cheers:

I have thoroughly tested these setups, and you can feel a difference on the top end with dual carbs vs single carbs. On the motor I tested it was a 4.76 hp difference. That is a big difference.

I cant stress to you guys enough how much I wanted the 2 into 1 thing to work on these bikes for intake and the exhaust. It just doesnt work better than twin exhaust and twin carbs. Sorry, but it is a reality. You want to develope an x pipe crossover intake thing a ma jig because you know the current 2 into 1 setup doesn't work well. The crank dyno, and my ass dyno proved that debate.

I know someone running stock carbs, Pro circuit pipes, with Vito's super stock pistons and it screams for him out on the dunes. :rolleyes:

Heck I know someone who screams if I can't hang up a towel. :jesterlaugh:

SERIOUSLY, I'm going to build a 2 into 1 into 2 crossram intake just to stir this debate farther. -_- A twin carb X-pipe intake. It should work like an H-pipe in a car exhaust as well as a massive boost bottle. Honestly.......if 2 carbs are the only way to go with a 350cc motor, and you'll get guys telling you to run everything from a stock carbs to 28's-30's-33's-35's....then how in the hell did an LT-500 get fed from one carb? Heck a 250R was asking more cc's per cylinder than a Banshee and one carb fed it. Lets say you did loose some topend....3-4 horse.....maybe the cost of an extra carb and filter and tuning jets for a second carb isn't worth the 3-4 HP. Maybe having your carb in an easy spot to work on is a plus. Maybe with the carb centered, it gets less crap in the filter. Maybe the 1-2 HP you gain on the bottm end is better used than the 3-4 on the top. Maybe working 2 carbs wears out little hands like my wife's and the single carbs is the better option. Maybe with what he would save from not buying 2-28's he could buy some Vito's super stock pistons and slap them in and make more power than he would with the two carbs. Maybe one carb sounds good because your lazy and just want to ride. :shrugani: Maybe even with all your testing....even your friends don't give a crap and choose to stick with their 2 into 1's. <_< I figure if it was THAT big of a difference, they would drop those 2 into 1's like they were hot! I guess you just ride with them and stay up at the front everytime so they don't hold you up. But you sandbag it so they don't figure out just how much faster you are with 2 carbs. B) Seriously, this question get's answered the same every time.....Is that My tail I'm chasing, or is that yours? :lol::bolt:

Windy, I say go for it. Alot of guys will say that you're wasting your time, but really you never know how the actual results will be. As long as you aren't a fuggin hack and are gonna test something different it will be more then worth it. There aren't many pioneers left in our world and it takes alot of character to go the road less travled knowing the odds are against you.

I have a dude I just met that had a 2/1 intake from trinity and after you hold in your hand and see the design, you instantly know there is much to be desired. So we took a manifold off my old 440 exciter motor and found a 38mm pwk to use behind it. Let me tell ya', that bike will be sweet in the trails! Yes, it could make more top end, but not much of his riding ever gets up in the 5th/6th gear range. Plus new pipes could change the whole bike if he needs it. It makes wicked snappy 250 type bottom end and enough mid to pull the front down the straights on our ice track. There are plenty of good sleds out there with good power that run ONE carb and ONE pipe. Just gotta get people willing to put enough time in to make it work right. Here's the combo of old parts we put together. Stock cylinder 4mil, cool head with stroker domes @120 psi, boyeheson rad valves w/dual stage reeds, slightly modified 440 exciter manifold, 38 pwk, and early fmf golds.

People always say "the bike screams" with this part on it. However, a good majority of the people putting these parts on have not run the bike with twin 28mm flatslide carbs on it. When you say the bike screams, in my mind that person is referring to the top end power it has. If that is the case, wait till you test a good set of flat slide twins on it, the bike will really scream.