4mil porting

im all for doing stuff yourself but ONLY after you have a basic understanding of how porting works.Its not exactly rocket science or a "secret" black art like some will lead you to believe but not knowing what your doing can turn a good cylinder into a paper weight..lol But then again i had a old boss tell me"people that have never f@#ked up have never done anything" so.... i say leave certain things to the pros cuz i know my limits

Contact member Sloryder on here. He'll hook a brottha up!! :jesterlaugh:

Yea go go read his old posts and threads. Started out asking what ports are and ended up a porting professional. :rotflmao:

The original poster hasnt even said weather he is going to be running a spacer plate or cut domes. I guess it doesnt matter, it all ports the same. Hog them baby's wide open. :headbang:

Im gonna port myself a 4 mil sleeve, do i need to go up with the port or go down with it to match the piston ports?

You need to do a lot of reading before attempting any porting. I totally agree with reading the 2 stroke porting book by A. Graham Bell. I read it twice then decided to just but the Race Logic porting templates. The templates make it easy to port a stoke stroke motor, and it helps teach you what a correct port window should look like.

In fact these templates will help setup your exhaust and intake ports for a 4mil bike. By the way, if you are going to bother buiding a 4mil bike you need to get a cool head with recessed domes. You are better off with the stock crank that using the lame ass spacer plate. I know from experience.

The transfer ports are a pain in the ass because you do not have the proper tools to port them properly. I just finished my 4mil bike with my home porting, so I wont totally discourage you from going at it yourself. I should know in a couple weeks whether or not it runs well or not.

Here is some reading for you that I have come across, there is tons more out there.... Try to resist the urge to post questions before searching for a few hours on what you are trying to learn. I assume you likely need to do a little reading on degree wheels in order to understand some of the details in these posts.

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=136007&st=30

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=132925

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=140120