Street Bike Banshee ZX6R Swap

Not really an accurate interpretation. Is this even still considered a banshee? Maybe this should be moved to the none-banshee related section.

Where does it say I have to want to pay the sellers price for the item or want to buy it in general? Where do your posts come into this picture, officer?

Obviously I'm interested in the thread content and steering this guy in the right direction. "There is nothing to compare it to price wise." That statement is part of the reason I was explaining my first sarcastic post and trying to justify why he would get much lower offers and flack from the other members.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I like it looks good could use some powdercoating .The price seems fair for the labor and energy put into it not to mention just the fun reliable factor how reliable is a two stroke pushing 100hp ? That four stroke will run for years after the two stroke quits .

Heres a bike to compare to this guy was asking good money last time I saw it posted . http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/rvs/2200885534.html

Man I like it looks good could use some powdercoating .The price seems fair for the labor and energy put into it not to mention just the fun reliable factor how reliable is a two stroke pushing 100hp ? That four stroke will run for years after the two stroke quits .

Thanks for the good words...no price on the R1 banshee either...The drivetrain only has 3,000 miles, this will run forever....reliably without redoing the top end every year.

So you could go out, buy a blown stock banshee or simply a roller for in the neighborhood of 500, get an old 600 street bike motor for 600-1000, spend a few weekends cutting and welding, and turn a 4500 dollar profit? Seems a little far fetched.

The R1 banshee makes more sense, it's a larger motor, has aftermarket suspension, among many other things, and is set up for the sand where a swap like this would make more sense. Even still he is having trouble selling and is taking offers, which will likely not be anywhere near 6, reinforcing what I was saying previously.

How reliable is a 100 hp banshee? Well considering that bike probably puts 80ish to the rear wheels in a quad, also not having proper transmission gear ratio's for off road or a quad, I'd say a 4-7 mil serval would be easily a better set up that is VERY reliable. Consider also the fact that you may have to rebuild once or twice the banshee in the span of the 4 strokes life and still spend much less than rebuilding the 600 once.

AGAIN please don't take this as I'm anti hybrid projects or that I'm bashing OP's bike, I think it's a cool idea, which in this case needs refining. They have their place, I would place them in the dunes or on a asphalt type surface, maybe even a sundahl type frame for some high speed desert shooting. Point of this all being you can't just shove a big heavy engine in place without tons of R&D and fabrication getting the handling refined and expect it to be worth a fortune. I don't see why this is such a foreign concept. shrug03.gif

Have you read the rules of this forum?

5. If you are not interested in an item, please do not post in the thread. Let's keep the threads clear of nonsense.

6. No bashing of a members for sale item. You don't have to like it, but you do need to keep it to yourself. If it is offensive to BansheeHQ, please report it to a moderator or admin.

Since you wanna be a dick to contributing members (not that you are necessarily one of the assholes that only join to sell their shit here for free...) maybe you should follow the rules yourself:

4. Post your location. This will help to let a potential buyer know where you are.

FWIW, I ride streetbikes and that motor is a dog.

So you could go out, buy a blown stock banshee or simply a roller for in the neighborhood of 500, get an old 600 street bike motor for 600-1000, spend a few weekends cutting and welding, and turn a 4500 dollar profit? Seems a little far fetched.

The R1 banshee makes more sense, it's a larger motor, has aftermarket suspension, among many other things, and is set up for the sand where a swap like this would make more sense. Even still he is having trouble selling and is taking offers, which will likely not be anywhere near 6, reinforcing what I was saying previously.

How reliable is a 100 hp banshee? Well considering that bike probably puts 80ish to the rear wheels in a quad, also not having proper transmission gear ratio's for off road or a quad, I'd say a 4-7 mil serval would be easily a better set up that is VERY reliable. Consider also the fact that you may have to rebuild once or twice the banshee in the span of the 4 strokes life and still spend much less than rebuilding the 600 once.

AGAIN please don't take this as I'm anti hybrid projects or that I'm bashing OP's bike, I think it's a cool idea, which in this case needs refining. They have their place, I would place them in the dunes or on a asphalt type surface, maybe even a sundahl type frame for some high speed desert shooting. Point of this all being you can't just shove a big heavy engine in place without tons of R&D and fabrication getting the handling refined and expect it to be worth a fortune. I don't see why this is such a foreign concept. shrug03.gif

Yeah That R1 one bike was way over ten G when he had a price on it .As for his pricing as with any thing you over price it because some one out there will talk you down and bash you on the price it just the nature of the beast . I have found out over the years it is cheaper to let someone invest there hard earned money and time to build bikes/cars/trucks and any thing cool and swoop in and buy it cheap.But your definition of cheap and mine are different from his but there are plenty of slack jaw people out there who cant find there own ass from a hole in the ground let alone weld, bend tubing, use a tape measure or figure out how to make the electrical work or make it run .My point is can it be done cheaper yes but now go out find the roller the cheapest one I can find is around $800 now go find the motor oh and dont forget the harness and any other electrical pieces or parts you would need to make it run plus the ability to weld and a dash of mechinical apptitude and few hours here and there over a period of time and walla you have your self a cool toy that you can enjoy . But if you dont have the time or ability to build a bike of this level this can and could be one hell of steal now would I pay this much no because I am a cheap ass S.O.B . I still say this would be fun super reliabel bike that would last a good number of years just my drunkin opinion

dude,why are u being a dick to this dude.to get your post count up or something.WHO GIVES A FUCK?if someone buys it,thet are an idiot or really want it,thats for the potential buyer to decide.the fucking dude dont care about building a serval motor or whatever HE ALREADY DID THE SWAP.i dont know why ur busting his balls because its something you dont agree with.let it go for christ sake unless ur gonna buy the fucker.he doesnt care about your opinion as you probably dont care for this one,and i dont care for the reply in going to get.

<br /><br />

dude,why are u being a dick to this dude.to get your post count up or something.WHO GIVES A FUCK?if someone buys it,thet are an idiot or really want it,thats for the potential buyer to decide.the fucking dude dont care about building a serval motor or whatever HE ALREADY DID THE SWAP.i dont know why ur busting his balls because its something you dont agree with.let it go for christ sake unless ur gonna buy the fucker.he doesnt care about your opinion as you probably dont care for this one,and i dont care for the reply in going to get.<br />

<br /><br /><br />

I thought I was being polite and mature about it.

Sorry, I'm done.