Street Bike Banshee ZX6R Swap

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont take to much offense from us, mostly being honest.

Any videos of you racing anything respectful?? Full blown custom dune/drag bikes in pristine condition aren't selling for those numbers.

Some bigger pictures may help you out alittle :whoa: :whoa:

From what I understand, these conversion rarely go well.. How would this thing do against a average 4mil stock cylinder banshee??

This swap is extremely well done, price is negotiable, there is nothing to compare it to pricewise. Here are some bigger pictures

3710404005_large.jpg

3710404003_large.jpg

3710404004_large.jpg

A long time ago on modernmusclecars.net a guy took a 1969 Chevy Camaro Z28 and put a Ford 351 Windsor in it and got the same reaction.

I got to give props for having the balls to come on Banshee HQ doing a swap to a banshee like that and try to sell it here. :headbang:

im not bashing but i simply dont get it... why take out a 2stroke 350cc engine and place in a 4stroke 600cc engine? if it was a 1000cc r1 engine i'd understand...but in this case for $6,000 wouldnt you just get a 660cc raptor for way less?

im not a mechanic, i know jack shit on engines... im going purely on numbers and logic...

clear me if im wrong...

thanks...

im not bashing but i simply dont get it... why take out a 2stroke 350cc engine and place in a 4stroke 600cc engine? if it was a 1000cc r1 engine i'd understand...but in this case for $6,000 wouldnt you just get a 660cc raptor for way less?

im not a mechanic, i know jack shit on engines... im going purely on numbers and logic...

clear me if im wrong...

thanks...

a 660 raptor makes 40whp this quad makes close to 100hp. The swap was done because he had a wrecked zx6r, its carburated so there is less wiring and such....The price is negotiable, like I said, I have nothing to price it against. I can get some more pictures this weekend, I keep it at a friends shop... thanks for the positive feedback

What you have to realize is a near 100 hp banshee may sound appealing, however, that is a VERY small portion of what makes a bike functional and worth anything.

Granted, upon seeing the larger pics it does appear to have a clean installation but that is also a VERY small part of making that bike worth a shit. All you have accomplished with this so far is adding hp numbers that you can achieve with a 4 mil serval build, only with FAR more weight, unbalanced weight at that, throwing geometry of as well, resulting in not having near the rideability/handling.

This banshee lacks the suspension even with the stock weight and geometry to handle more than 50 hp to it's potential, off road. You would have been better off selling the 600 motor and using that money towards actual banshee aftermarket.

I don't want you to take offense to this, just trying to give some insight. You will have a hard time selling this bike for much more than 2500 to anyone knowledgeable and we are simply trying to convey why that is so. Of course nothing is set in stone, you may find someone with no sense or better yet, knowledge, and sell it for much more.

I wish you luck in selling, if you decide to keep it, please look into getting the weight better balanced and some suspension on there, night and day difference. beer.gif

What you have to realize is a near 100 hp banshee may sound appealing, however, that is a VERY small portion of what makes a bike functional and worth anything.

Granted, upon seeing the larger pics it does appear to have a clean installation but that is also a VERY small part of making that bike worth a shit. All you have accomplished with this so far is adding hp numbers that you can achieve with a 4 mil serval build, only with FAR more weight, unbalanced weight at that, throwing geometry of as well, resulting in not having near the rideability/handling.

This banshee lacks the suspension even with the stock weight and geometry to handle more than 50 hp to it's potential, off road. You would have been better off selling the 600 motor and using that money towards actual banshee aftermarket.

I don't want you to take offense to this, just trying to give some insight. You will have a hard time selling this bike for much more than 2500 to anyone knowledgeable and we are simply trying to convey why that is so. Of course nothing is set in stone, you may find someone with no sense or better yet, knowledge, and sell it for much more.

I wish you luck in selling, if you decide to keep it, please look into getting the weight better balanced and some suspension on there, night and day difference. beer.gif

What is your problem?...mind your own business, if you dont want to buy the bike...KEEP MOVING!

What is your problem?...mind your own business, if you dont want to buy the bike...KEEP MOVING!

the guy is saying something really important and this is what he gets?

with this attitude no one on here will give a fat shit about your sale...

the guy is saying something really important and this is what he gets?

with this attitude no one on here will give a fat shit about your sale...

probably because you are all shitting all over his for sale ad. He is stating THE RULES, as posted at the top of the forum. FYI.

probably because you are all shitting all over his for sale ad. He is stating THE RULES, as posted at the top of the forum. FYI.

That's far from what's happening.

The HQ is a community that gives advice and criticism at times. Sure the rules say what was quoted but does this allow for someone to rip another HQ member off? I would hope not, whether he's trying to or not that is what's happening with that price.

Maybe if our classifieds cost to post like some forums, right now he's not out anything. The fee would buy you the right to not have constructive criticism in your thread. At this point I would only see illicit bashing and trash talking as inappropriate.

Chances of selling a whole bike on the HQ aren't very high anyway, he's better off listing on craigslist or ebay if he's serious about selling.

The fact of the matter is, when you come into a specific forum and try to sell that specified bike that the members have a large pool of knowledge of, it is going to be combed over with a fine tooth comb.

That's far from what's happening.

The HQ is a community that gives advice and criticism at times. Sure the rules say what was quoted but does this allow for someone to rip another HQ member off? I would hope not, whether he's trying to or not that is what's happening with that price.

Maybe if our classifieds cost to post like some forums, right now he's not out anything. The fee would buy you the right to not have constructive criticism in your thread. At this point I would only see illicit bashing and trash talking as inappropriate.

Chances of selling a whole bike on the HQ aren't very high anyway, he's better off listing on craigslist or ebay if he's serious about selling.

The fact of the matter is, when you come into a specific forum and try to sell that specified bike that the members have a large pool of knowledge of, it is going to be combed over with a fine tooth comb.

so now you are trying justify it your disregard for the rules? PM him with your opinions or ideas

For example- If the speed limit is 60mph and you get stopped for doing 70mph. Can you justify it by saying that in your opinion the conditions were safe for 70mph. no because the limit is 60 that is the rule/law.

The fact of the matter is you are in the wrong, plain and simple.