Tradin in the banshee.

hey if you want to make your banshee trail friendly... get some fmf knarlys.... trail ported cylinders at herjugsracing.... larger front sprocket smaller back sprocket i think thats the setup for more torque :shrugani:

vforce 3 reeds..dyna fs programmable ignition... youll get a little more torque out of that and easir starts....dual K&n airfilters...off road radiatior...i think this should be good...some of the other people on here know more but there just not giving you a good trail setup...adleast i tried :shrugani:

58x68 serval baby

Not enough? 64x72 serval! haha 521cc of modern tech aimed at broad power and knuckle whitening torque.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a raptor 700 before i got my banshee and it was nothing but problems the EFI went out and other stuff which ultimately led to the engine blowing up after a year and it was stock. I always wanted a banshee but missed out on all the opportunitys to get one until i finally got my 05' about 2 years ago i threw a timing plate,pipes,and an airfilter on and didn't even touch the jetting at all it was all stock when i got it, i ride the s*** out of it still even today and never once had a problem out of it not even a rebuild yet and i only changed the spark plugs once or twice and i didn't even have to then, maybe i'm lucky for that but i would never go back to that raptor to many electrical problems and the stealership quoted me 2500$$ to fix it no way, as of now its sitting in back of a shop in pieces and i doubt it will ever get fixed. But to be fair it was no doubt fun to ride it was great for just about anything it was an awesome all around play bike and had good power really good for trails slow or fast paced ones. I would in no way trade a shee for it though and thats my .02

Wtf are you saying? That you never rejetted for your pipes?

hey if you want to make your banshee trail friendly... get some fmf knarlys.... trail ported cylinders at herjugsracing.... larger front sprocket smaller back sprocket i think thats the setup for more torque :shrugani:

vforce 3 reeds..dyna fs programmable ignition... youll get a little more torque out of that and easir starts....dual K&n airfilters...off road radiatior...i think this should be good...some of the other people on here know more but there just not giving you a good trail setup...adleast i tried :shrugani:

no larger front sporket and a smaller rear sporket will give more top speed and less torque. but still good for trails. i run a 15/38 on a 4mil for trails. theirs not a 4-stroke i can't pass on the trails, but most of them move when they hear the banshee soo. but honestly my buddy rides a 660 raptor and likes it.. he can keep up with me on trails. i rode i don't really like it.jmo. stock suspension on a raptor is way better than a front stock shock on a banshee. so if you don't plan on doing front shocks on a banshee then get a raptor

• 1 month later...

I dont know why ppl think banshees are such bad trail bikes. thats really all i ride and the shee is great. my friend has a raptor 700 and he is always behind me. or if i do let him in front hes fucking slow as shit. all you need to do is use the clutch more often, and rev it up a bit. choose the right gear and always keep it at the begginign of the powerband. simple as that. I tried the raptor and i hated it, felt slow, and doesnt give you the rush that the shee will. you sell ur shee and i gurantee you will regret it.

This thread would have about 5 posts if you filter out all the people making fun of the original post-er. I love how most of us are so loyal to our machines. To the original post-er, try to ride these other bikes in the terrain setting you will ride in most to ensure you will be happy with another bike. I personally will never own a 4 stroke, but thats my personal preference because it is what i love to ride. Who cares what other people on here say on here, do what you want.

This thread would have about 5 posts if you filter out all the people making fun of the original post-er. I love how most of us are so loyal to our machines. To the original post-er, try to ride these other bikes in the terrain setting you will ride in most to ensure you will be happy with another bike. I personally will never own a 4 stroke, but thats my personal preference because it is what i love to ride. Who cares what other people on here say on here, do what you want.

Its funny when people post up here wanting to involve others in their thoughts and questions and then someone says "who cares what other people say" haha, obviously the original poster or he wouldn't have made the post.

Its funny when people post up here wanting to involve others in their thoughts and questions and then someone says "who cares what other people say" haha, obviously the original poster or he wouldn't have made the post.

You got me there. I was just referring to the people that are trying to tell the person what is best for them rather than giving information about options and advice. Ill keep my mouth shut. haha

I ride 95% trails and have had a few 4stroke quads, they all have faults. The funny thing is you are comparing the bottom end of a 700cc and 350cc engine, why not just upgrade with more cc's? Efi engines can be a real pain, especially if you don't know shit about them!! Live and learn! Dollar 4 dollar you will get twice the performance out of a 2stroke compared to any 4stroke.

as far as year goes for the Raptor, the newer the better.

Im not sure what your riding style consists of but the raptor is about 40 lbs heavier, and has a smaller gas tank then the Banshee. 3.2g Banshee 2.9 gallon Raptor.

So if your riding long distance i would look into a bigger tank possibly.

Stock hp of the Raptor seems to be consistant low 40s, lotta guys saying with a good pipes and intake you can get near 50. obviously on this site you know what a banshee is capable of...

I have heard the efi can be a nightmare if things start to shit the bucket.

But good luck if you get one. as for my 2 cents i will never own a 4 poke. I have ridden both quad and dirtbikes both 250f, 450f, 450 quads and 700 quads and im sticking to the smokers.

much cheaper to operate, in my opinion much funner to ride. but then again i thought quads were retard chariots until i hopped on a banshee a few weeks ago, closest a quad will ever get to

a dirtbike in my opinion.