scratchin my head

dieselhead

just did a topend on the wifes bike , having trouble with it starting when its cold had this problem before the build i have to kick the shit out of it and it will start then die then git it started again and its a struggle to keep running . I have not done anything to engine asfare as mods that would affect jetting ,bore is stock with stock head only mod is timming plate slides are timed , pilot is stock main is 300 and needles clips are one down from center also has t5s p,s once the thing is warm its fine

First off, I would clean the carbs. Second, you need 27.5 pilots in there with aftermarket pipes. Chances are it's not getting nearly enough fuel upon startup. Do that stuff first and then report back.

have cleand several times will try the jets but it doesnt make any sense y mine starts fine and has same set up but different pipes with same jetting

another common problem is the float bowls being switched to a different carb, make sure the bowl with the brass ball on the front is on the left carb. i've had this problem it was a bitch to start and to keep it running.

going to yank carbs tonight will check the floats never noticed the brass ball before the chock tube is on have ran into that problem years ago just tried starting it earlier and my leg about fell off , seems really rich when it started smoked like hell bobling then clears out but i could be all wrong thanks for help i know its hard to fix things without being there hands on

Whats your compression,if its stock bore did you hone before you put new pistons in,If so whats the piston to cylinder clearance,wisecos run .003,stock pistons run much looser,you might have a clearance issue

k pulled carbs and thanks to bonerific250 the bowls were switched changed them over and the bitchsee fired right up now can u tell me y this is shot air through the hole and it blew back through other one not the same just dead heads thanks alot man

The bowl with the brass ball in it is the choke jet. when you pull out on the choke plunger it crates vaccum and pulls gas up and threw carbs by-passing the pilot and main jets. the ball for me anyway, is just a quicker reference to what bowl went where.if you take the bowls back off and look inside both you will see a small jet. who wants to strain their eyes. Glad I could help.

Edited by bonerific250

The bowl with the brass ball in it is the choke jet. when you pull out on the choke plunger it crates vaccum and pulls gas up and threw carbs by-passing the pilot and main jets. the ball for me anyway, is just a quicker reference to what bowl went where.if you take the bowls back off and look inside both you will see a small jet. who wants to strain their eyes. Glad I could help.

ohhhh shit yo!! sorry man but i love your avatar

sorry to high jack thread.

thanks, she is booonerific.

Toomey reccommends for the needles to be on the 4th setting.. and to use STOCK 25 pilots.. and depending on ur elevation on the main jet. they reccommend a 280 main from sea level up to 2500ft higher elevation they reccommend bigger jets.. I installed 27.5s and it ran like shit.... as locogoat stated above. every bike is different..!! Jus need to figure out what works best with your bike..

http://www.toomey.com/html/t5-inst.htm.... check this page out.. i did what they said and it runs like a champ now!!