Someone willing to build a motor

coogi3d

i have a full motor id like 2 get back together and im looking for some one to d0 the job.

supposably one bearing went bad on the crank and the piston was taping the head...

the Crank & Piston Kit. on ebay is like $500 then i need machine shop and labor.... i dont have that $$$$... banghead i have the top end GASKETS, new cool head with new o rings 22 domz

Some one has good used parts like Crank & Piston maybe Cylinder and can put it all together will get good money for the parts because of labor and i will get a smoking deal. it worth a shot H Q... :notworthy:

the cheep way out is 2

get my CRANK BALANCED TRUED AND WELDED. my stock CRANK. put all new BEARINGS, Oil Seal Kit, whatever need replacing

my Cylinder are 66mm but in ok condishon . id like to get them bored 66 1/2 and pistons fitted if possible

someone can help me...... parts for a banshee and know about banshee. its banshee H Q :headbang:

coogi3d@yahoo.com

Edited by coogi3d

i am from hillside nj 07205

:drool:

the motor has stock carbs with jet kit,

Pro Design cool head 22 domes for pump gas,

i have v- 3 reeds, i will get billet timing plat,

i dont have pipes....thinking cpi are the way 2 go.. with some porting

i ride hardcore trials , full weight being 165

Wow, thats quite a deal!... if you're a gambling type. For that you get a crankshaft of unknown quality. The crankshaft runout limit might exceed factory specs causing vibrations that will eat bearings. The pins might seperate from the wheel causing total engine damage. Hopefully you get the right pistons, because the seller has some negative feedback reguarding incorrect piston size, scratched or beat up pistons, ect. Also, it appears he has poor communication with his costumers. I really hope nothing goes wrong and you have no questions.

I'm not breakin your balls, man. It could provide years of service free riding. But there are plenty of posts about people buying cheap stuff and later regretting it. Sometimes, its just incorrect setup and they end up posting here where people say "I told ya so". Sometimes guys have questions about assembly or additional parts. Since the ebay sellers usually don't know the answer or don't have any customer service, they end up calling around to BHQ sponsors. I think this is rude, since you are requesting their service for free without helping their business. Or, your new stuff could blow apart this summer on a long ride leaving you with a pile of metal and a bike to push home.

In your original post, you mentioned two options. Option 2 should be the one you consider. Contact a sponsor here (I use Jeff at Farmandsandtoys.com) with a list of questions and pen/paper in hand. Pick his brain and come up with a solution. He will build your stock crankshaft to be damn near bulletproof for the type of engine you want. He will still get you a great deal on the piston kits, the gaskets, the seals, the bearings, the machining costs, and rest of those little parts. What else do you get? Well, if you choose to build it yourself (its a great learning experience) "free" professional advice is just a phone call away. How do you break it in? Call him. What should you start out for jetting? Call him.

Also, a side note on machining. I've seen some of the local places machine jugs without chamfering the ports. I've seen incorrect piston-to-cylinder clearances when bored. When you have a sponsor (who builds banshees for a living) do the work, it'll be as reliable as a banshee can be.

After all, no one wants to race a 450r and have that crank let loose at 10K. Thats just embarrassing. lol

hi, i live in wilkes barre pa, i have a crank i will sell you for $150 and i will put your motor together for free if you buy it,,,,you will have to pay for all the parts,,,,i just like to help everybody out, and i know money is tight for mostly everybody right now,,,570-793-7097 if no awnser leave message

i quoted 500 for ported cylinders, NEW wiseco pistons and BORE and fitting of pistons and all gaskets needed didnt think that was too bad?

that 600 for crank, pistons, and seals/ gaskets is about average. the 350cc cranks are about 300-350 bucks or so pistons with gaskets about 200 and seals and a clutch cover gasket and shipping another 50-100? seems about right to me. then in that ebay add there is the +labor and machine work!!!

i dont think i can list my prices as to what i charge per hour for work

Here is the reality of this, and like previously mentioned Im not bustin your balls I understand the money thing.. However, this is gonna be one of those deals that you get what you pay for. And if you cant afford to pay for a quality rebuild by a KNOWN builder or reputable member, then how are you going to afford to fix it AGAIN after the jakazz that was 50 bucks cheaper screws something up and then tells you to get lost when you try and get him to fix what they screwed up? The other side of this is gas is 3.50 a damn gallon.. If times are tough enough that you can afford to assemble the motor correctly then how are you gonna funnel fuel into it each time you take it out? Got the money for fuel? Then you have the money to have a QUALITY repair done.. JMO

Here is the reality of this, and like previously mentioned Im not bustin your balls I understand the money thing.. However, this is gonna be one of those deals that you get what you pay for. And if you cant afford to pay for a quality rebuild by a KNOWN builder or reputable member, then how are you going to afford to fix it AGAIN after the jakazz that was 50 bucks cheaper screws something up and then tells you to get lost when you try and get him to fix what they screwed up? The other side of this is gas is 3.50 a damn gallon.. If times are tough enough that you can afford to assemble the motor correctly then how are you gonna funnel fuel into it each time you take it out? Got the money for fuel? Then you have the money to have a QUALITY repair done.. JMO

X2

i mean, im not your da-da, but look at the big picture. banshee is a toy... nothing more. im in the middle of a build myself, but im not gonna cut corners on the engine or really anything IMO. cash is tight for most, and we all get that. i just had to pay 1100 in airfare to austin, cause my father-in-law was nearly on his death-bed, and wanted to see his grandson... i had to call jeff and tell him to put my stuff on the back burner.... but theyre getting paid in-full today. make sure you got everything straight, and a decent cushion before you go dropping money into the shee. honestly, if your crank cannot be rebuilt, id buy a used stock crank for cheap, and then hit up jeff at FAST and hell hook you up. great guy to deal with.

id like to add that the only reason i recommend Jeff at FAST, is because he is the only builder ive dealt with. that being said, i hear all the site sponsor builders are all very stand-up guys.

id also like to think Tim at stellar. i called him at 5:45 on monday, the next day (early afternoon) he had my set of tie rods machined, boxed, and in the mail.

okay, i really understand the money part too, my shee let loose while i was riding at night, and the crank cut through my left side cylinder, and both cases, the piston blew into a million little pieces and took out everything in its path, and wound up in the pipe. If you are decent mechanicly then you can rebuild your motor on your own, banshees are actually quite easy to split the cases on because they have upper and lower cases instead of left and right like most dirtbikes, all you need to do is have a decent set of tools, a flywheel puller (about $15), and an impact gun, just remember to take your time and be VERY VERY CLEAN! it pays off to do it yourself, you save alot of money, and you also have a better understanding of your motor. Also, instead of getting a billet timing plate like you mentioned which are about $100 from pro design, get a ricky stator one for $35, which does everything the pro design one does, and with the money you saved from that you can get a high flow water pump impellar which will not break like the stock plastic one, and will make your shee run a litlle cooler which is needed once you bump the timing, because with more timing comes more heat, good luck, and have fun. :headbang: