Which Mods do I need

TimJ

If someone could guid me in the right direction on getting the most out for the type of riding that I do. I mainly ride open areas and some hill climbing. The area is sandy dirt. For those in NC I ride at Busco Beach. I want to redo my engine and want to know what mods will best suit me from top to bottom (cylinders, jetting, carbs, heads, etc). I want to get a list of parts so I can start ordering them. I plan on completly redo my shee. So if anybody could start my list I would appreciate it. Thanks Timcool.gif

I would get suspension first.....worth every cent!!!!

+2 +1 arms.......a +2 swinger wil work good for climbing for u and trailing

Engine: Adjustable timing plate set at +4, Good set of mid range pipes (PT mids are good), Shave your stock head if you want to mod it, ported cylinders to your riding style..(see sponsor)........stock carbs can handle most of what i think your looking for.....

A ball park jetting based on a 500 ft above sea level with pt mids and stock carbs with port work.........roughly the 320 range

If someone could guid me in the right direction on getting the most out for the type of riding that I do. I mainly ride open areas and some hill climbing. The area is sandy dirt. For those in NC I ride at Busco Beach. I want to redo my engine and want to know what mods will best suit me from top to bottom (cylinders, jetting, carbs, heads, etc). I want to get a list of parts so I can start ordering them. I plan on completly redo my shee. So if anybody could start my list I would appreciate it. Thanks Timcool.gif

Tim,

I would run a 4mil for that type of riding....Great power curve from bottom to top. My suggestion would be to call Wildcard Racing, they build some killer machines.. #'s in my Sig. They will get you set up :headbang:

What up Tim? Im from NC too & I also ride at Busco Beach. I do the same type of riding as you except the hill climbing & my banshee pulls very hard. My mods are in my sig. Hope this help. Hopefully I'll see you at Busco this year. :headbang:

I am willing to spend up to $1500.00. Will this do what I am looking for?

I plan on do it all at once but I want to order parts over a couple months and have everything that I need when I start.

Toomey T5 pipes

V Force3 reeds

Have cylinders ported, hopefully just a new set of rings, and hone. If you need new pistons and bore, you just went over budget.

Cylinder base gaskets

Cool head

Buy flywheel puller

Mod your stock timing plate for advance

TORS removal

K & N filters & outerwares or ladies nylons

Carb jets

Build a pressure tester and pressure test the motor after it's back together

That's it, your $1500 is gone.

Just saw in one of your other posts that you already have Bill's pipes. Don't know anything about them, but any pipes are better than stockers. So, use the prealloted pipe money for pistons, or front sprocket, or shocks, or shift pro, or clutch springs, or billet water pump impeller, or braided stainless brake lines, or swing arm.