stretched stock swingarm

ban99

It'll work for now, but keep an eye on those side plates because they are going to crack from side load stress sooner or later. Watch for paint to flake and when it does, be ready with your plan B. Nice art work on that top piece.

Im a quality tech/engineer for a fab company by trade... I can see where stresses could come into play on your side plates, and i believe if you ran a .250"x1" strap from under the top plate, to the bottom edge of each side plate diagonally, you would totally eliminate that possibility.(just saying incase anyone trying this wants a little security). But this looks awesome sir! Was the artwork done with waterjet or laser cut?

Im a quality tech/engineer for a fab company by trade... I can see where stresses could come into play on your side plates, and i believe if you ran a .250"x1" strap from under the top plate, to the bottom edge of each side plate diagonally, you would totally eliminate that possibility.(just saying incase anyone trying this wants a little security). But this looks awesome sir! Was the artwork done with waterjet or laser cut?

The cross bracing is a good idea. As for the decrotive top plate it was a test piece from a fab shop that they discarded, I find there stuff every so often at the scrap yard and snag it just for stuff like this. I'm not an expert but with no burn marks I would have to guess it was done with a water jet.

That is pretty crafty! I bet that swingarm now weighs 20+ pounds tho! ha!

I like those front plastics tho! and a great front sprocket! ha!

Ha, no it's 22 lbs. but my wallet likes it.

I should have bought the rear fenders from you and saved myself the hassle of painting these.

• 1 year later...

Not talkin smack but that looks terrible. Why didnt u just extend the tubes with tubes and sleeve it. Looks like factory and costs the same $10.

Gotta agree with possum On this man. That's a total wrong directions with stretching the swingarm IMO. Not only would sleeves in the tubing b a shit load stronger, it would look alot better.