automotive coolant in shee

gstaten24

never mix different coolants, if you already have coolant in your bike and you dont know what it is, flush it all out. then re fill with your new coolant.

mixing coolants can gel up and go all shit haha.

well im rebuilding the engine so i just have to make sure i flush the radiator right? i took out the overflow tank.

yeah just run some water though the rad. you can mix some coolants but stuff like dex-cool can only be added to dex-cool unless you add one that says any make,model,and color, and yes they do make it because in my auto shop thats all we use.however u cann't add dex to green coolant.

Edited by bansheesrtoys

Just remember that Yellow coolant can be added to any other type of coolant out there. Just never, Never, never add Dex-Cool to Green coolant or you will have a shit mess! Yellow will mix with Dex just fine and not cause any gel to form.

Dex-Cool was only good for one thing.... Eating Gaskets.... That's why most GM's out there when you look under the hood have coolant leaks. Green will be a thing of the past and so will Dex-cool soon. Don't believe me, lol just look under your GM product where engine meets the tranny. More times than not you will see a line of shit on the engine block that is sometimes a red/orange color and feels like oily wax. That's Dex-Cool

A very good technician once told me, Dex Cool is not the problem and works as it is supposed to. MOST (not all) of the vehicles that developed a leak were 4.3L V6's specifically in a certain spot, but was caused by not changing the coolant periodically.

So what your saying is that you shouldn't leave it in for 100K miles like it was designed for. You should change it out like the green stuff but pay more $$$ for the orange dex cool.

Dex Cool is crap. Do a internet seach for Dex Cool you will find more links about class action law suits, automotive forums slamming dex cool, and technical info on why it is not good vs any that recomend running it.