how can i check if i have a good crank?

Welcome to the HQ!

Some of us here will jerk you around every now and then.......like running it pinned wide open on a compeltely fresh motor haha....

to really check the bearings and to make sure your crank hasn't begun to seperate...you will need to split your cases. and while its apart if your planning on modifying the motor at all then you should really think about sending the crank out and getting it welded by a site sponsor. I recomend Jeff at F.A.S.T......damn good guy and damn good work!

Welcome to the HQ!

Some of us here will jerk you around every now and then.......like running it pinned wide open on a compeltely fresh motor haha....

to really check the bearings and to make sure your crank hasn't begun to seperate...you will need to split your cases. and while its apart if your planning on modifying the motor at all then you should really think about sending the crank out and getting it welded by a site sponsor. I recomend Jeff at F.A.S.T......damn good guy and damn good work!

thankyou now how do i check if its good? if i send it to get trued and welded by FAST how much approximately would that run? one more question the motor i got has 1 ported intake runner 1 stock intake runner. do you recomend porting the other cyl to match myself or send it to FAST also? how much would that cost?

thankyou now how do i check if its good? if i send it to get trued and welded by FAST how much approximately would that run? one more question the motor i got has 1 ported intake runner 1 stock intake runner. do you recomend porting the other cyl to match myself or send it to FAST also? how much would that cost?

the crank seems ok no play or crunching in bearings shud i split the cases and check it out?

the crank seems ok no play or crunching in bearings shud i split the cases and check it out?

If it was me, i would split the cases. It is not hard to do. You need a good dial gauge to check true on your crank. Also check all the tolerances to see if its separating. Might as well pull it and send off for a true & weld. Its good assurance. The crank is the heart of your engine. 50 or 75$ not sure what the going rate is these days.

If it was me, i would split the cases. It is not hard to do. You need a good dial gauge to check true on your crank. Also check all the tolerances to see if its separating. Might as well pull it and send off for a true & weld. Its good assurance. The crank is the heart of your engine. 50 or 75$ not sure what the going rate is these days.

any special tools needed to remove and install crank? besides flywheel puller?

its $75 at FAST to have it trued and welded. You can call Jeff and ask him about the cylinders and what he would recommend.....he will tell you his honest opinion. He's a really great guy that stands behind his work and has made many of our bikes lay down some serious power. Www.farmandsandtoys.com